• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone triggered?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone triggered?

There will be ruddy faced, middle aged men all over the country spluttering coffee over their Daily Wail when they hear this. Just hoping LBC have a phone in on the topic to give them somewhere to vent

Extinction Rebellion: Group wins challenge to London police ban - BBC News
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

to be honest i'd love them to protest the tube stations again at rush hour and get the S*!T kick out of them

Comment

I'm happy for them to protest any time, any place.

Just as long as they don't inconvenience me...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I'm happy for them to protest any time, any place.

Just as long as they don't inconvenience me...
        So nowhere near your local kwikfit then?

Comment

yeah lets just waste £24 million when a bunch of crusties decide to protest illegally.

If they had been innovative and law abiding then they would have an impact. So far they have just pissed normal people off.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            yeah lets just waste £24 million when a bunch of crusties decide to protest illegally.

If they had been innovative and law abiding then they would have an impact. So far they have just pissed normal people off.
            They've also pissed gammonflakes off, so they're not all bad.

Comment

According to XR, it wasn't a protest, it was the "Autumn Uprising"...

Bless.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

And there we are .... the usual suspects getting triggered
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

If they'd been law-abiding, they'd have had no impact whatsoever. They want front-page headlines, not a small paragraph at the bottom of page 9.
                  I do find it strange that the HC has decided it's illegal to arrest hundreds of people committing willful criminal damage. I wonder if that law will still apply when the streets are full of rioting Brexit protesters...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    If they'd been law-abiding, they'd have had no impact whatsoever. They want front-page headlines, not a small paragraph at the bottom of page 9.
                    I do find it strange that the HC has decided it's illegal to arrest hundreds of people committing willful criminal damage. I wonder if that law will still apply when the streets are full of rioting Brexit protesters...

They do need to annoy people in order to get the point across but, I agree, criminal damage is still criminal damage irrespective of 'why' it happened. A blanket ruling that it's ok to damage property if it's for a cause (and who's to say which cause is the right one), reeks of populism at work rather than the impartial rule of law.

Comment

Working...
                    X