• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One-off 3 month contract advice needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One-off 3 month contract advice needed

Hi,

I have been offered a one-off 3 month role at a company and they want me to be a contractor. I have never contracted before, so I have no idea what I am supposed to do.

The contract is for 3 months, the daily rate is £250 and I anticipate that I will not do contracting work again after this role. I am taking this role to fill some time whilst I sort out permanent employment in which I will not be a contractor.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by Hippopotamus View Post
    Hi,

I have been offered a one-off 3 month role at a company and they want me to be a contractor. I have never contracted before, so I have no idea what I am supposed to do.

The contract is for 3 months, the daily rate is £250 and I anticipate that I will not do contracting work again after this role. I am taking this role to fill some time whilst I sort out permanent employment in which I will not be a contractor.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Talk to Contractor Umbrella. They are a good bunch, and the right structure for you.

Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Talk to Contractor Umbrella. They are a good bunch, and the right structure for you.

Best of luck.
      Agreed. Use an umbrella company, do not consider anything else, if anyone mentions retaining 75%+ of earnings, ignore them.

Comment

One final thought it may be worth considering using this time to top up your pension, depending on personal circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

Best of luck.
          100% this /\
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
          X