• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Glasgow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Are you sure you got on the right train...?
    I found the two stations at different levels interesting, but then many would call me a train buff.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
      I found the two stations at different levels interesting, but then many would call me a train buff.
      Ivor; is that you?
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Very cool city centre apartment - seems so cheap after Munich prices!

2 bedroom flat for sale in West George Street, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, G2, G2
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Inward thinking nations need not apply.

we know you like the expansionist policies of Germany, Belgium & Poland aren't so keen...
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Remembrance working out well for you then..
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Remembrance working out well for you then..

hey it was 2 world wars they started by invading and ethnically cleansing innocent nations. Lest we forget and all that.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Very cool city centre apartment - seems so cheap after Munich prices!

2 bedroom flat for sale in West George Street, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, G2, G2
                You don't want to live there.

Comment

I was in Glasgow the other weekend for fun and beer.

Did the open top bus tour - which certainly blew away the morning's hangover and was quite interesting really.

Then drank lots of beer - the good thing about Glasgow is people in pubs expect you to be drunk - sometimes when in other parts of the UK you get the feeling people in pubs get confused by people who have had a few drinks.

Didn't have a fried mars bar though.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanensia View Post
                    Edinburgh's like a Disneyland version of Scotland. Speaking as very much a native Home Counties guy, I lived in Glasgow (a five minute walk from Kelvingrove in fact) for nine years either side of the turn of the millenium, and I was stunned by what a vibrant, friendly, diverse and "liveable" city it really is. I'm a country boy at heart, but if I had to go back to living in a city, I'd pick Glasgow.
                    I agree.

Edinburgh is a city only built for tourists. You walk down the street and you barely hear any Scottish voices, most of the people in Edinburgh are either english, foreigners or tourists.

Been living in Edinburgh for 6-7 years now but I'd move to Glasgow in a heartbeat. More vibrant, diverse and with more genuine people. Better music scene. Food and drink scene is comparable to Edinburgh. You get more for your buck if you plan on settling down and buying a house. Glasgow just rules.

Comment

Edinburgh is brilliant.
                      Glasgow is a barely domesticated tulip-hole.

Next...
                      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Working...
                      X