• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Glasgow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    Edinburgh is brilliant.
    Glasgow is a barely domesticated tulip-hole.

Next...
    Don't know if you live in Edinburgh, so please don't see this directed to you at all, but I found this to be a common behaviour from a lot of snobs and twats from Edinburgh. They talk trash about Glasgow as a default behaviour, then when you investigate a bit, turns out they spent 2 maybe 3 afternoons there in their entire lives.

Having lived in both, I personally prefer Glasgow.

It's just two different cities: Edinburgh is a prosecco, Glasgow is a Tennent's

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
      It's just two different cities: Edinburgh is a prosecco, Glasgow is a Tennent's
      Yeah, I hear similar quite often. I lived in Edinburgh for 5 years back in the day; I now live in Glasgow... maybe I just miss my old life.
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

The tourists aren't too much of a hassle in Edinburgh, they tend to keep in between the castle, high street and George street. The airBnBification of the city has been a total disaster though, a broken community.

Glasgow has none of these problems its "if you stink of tulip you always get a space at the bar" approach.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          The tourists aren't too much of a hassle in Edinburgh, they tend to keep in between the castle, high street and George street. The airBnBification of the city has been a total disaster though, a broken community.

Glasgow has none of these problems its "if you stink of tulip you always get a space at the bar" approach.
          Edinburgh has always been gentrified. Moved to Edinburgh from Glasgow back in 2000, way before airbnb ever existed. You know, every neighbour in Glasgow I knew on first name basis, all chatty. In Edinburgh three years went by and only one neighbour I got to know a little but never saw inside of his place. He'd sit on his doorstep with the cigar holding between thumb and forefinger taking draws like he was master of a large estate. 1-bed bachelor bliss I guess.

Booked a airbnb for Hogmanay in Edinburgh, very pleased. Would take this option ever time before an overpriced hotel room.

Broken community is the result of inflated house prices without inflated wages. Broken economy.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            You know, every neighbour in Glasgow I knew on first name basis, all chatty.
            If you live among drug dealers I suppose they have to appear friendly.

In Edinburgh three years went by and only one neighbour I got to know a little but never saw inside of his place.
            The poor bloke. Has he finished counselling yet?

Broken community is the result of inflated house prices without inflated wages. Broken economy.
            At last, some common sense.

Comment

Ha ha.

You know if you boil your funny bone it'll turn into a laughing stock.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X