• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pretty solid reason to vote Labour and Corbyn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Well that whittles a few out then, doesn't it?

"It's too hard, I can't be arsed trying".
    I was on a train a year ago - some people aged around 25 were saying if they lived like monks they could save for a deposit. It would take about 100 years.

My concern is why non UK passport holders can own private property. Especially when they leave it empty. And second home ownership is fine if first time buyers have a chance. At the moment first time buyers need BOMAD. You need rich parents to get a property. That will not end well.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I was on a train a year ago
      Have you reached the destination yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Amanensia View Post
        Have you reached the destination yet?
        It's not about the destination, it's about the journey!
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I was on a train a year ago - some people aged around 25 were saying if they lived like monks they could save for a deposit. It would take about 100 years.

My concern is why non UK passport holders can own private property. Especially when they leave it empty. And second home ownership is fine if first time buyers have a chance. At the moment first time buyers need BOMAD. You need rich parents to get a property. That will not end well.
          not true up north. step is a single mum. buying her own house next year without BOMAD.
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
            not true up north. step is a single mum. buying her own house next year without BOMAD.
            This is one case. Extrapolation can be dangerous.

Comment

This is one case. Extrapolation can be dangerous.
              There's more than one person living up North?
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Oh yes!
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

In places like Liverpool and Yorkshire, yes.

Just don't mention Manchester where it is all mud huts.

Comment

Affordable mud huts, if you please!

Comment

Though there is one good place in Manchester. Buile Hill Park - Wikipedia . Baby bp is friends with one of the descendants of the last people to live there.

Comment

Working...
                      X