• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pretty solid reason to vote Labour and Corbyn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
    The appalling piece of Sh!t Corbyn tweeting last night his support for another Latin American Dictator
    Democratically elected by the people, just like Johnson was....
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Let me be the first here to say I don't give flying **** about others whatsoever. Most people are lazy, thick chunts, they reap what they can;t be bothered to sow.

Are you in the wrong job? Electricians 'have never earned more' as some make more than GBP70k a year | Daily Mail Online

Try booking an electrician. Wait 3 months and pay £300 per day.

And yet all the "poor" are sitting at home moaning about their lot.

Go to ******* college and learn a ******* trade!
      Getting hold of a tradesman is a total nightmare

I tried to get a chimney sweep, usual guy said mate you need to book 3 months in advance I'm fully booked every day until end of January. Same with two others I called, eventually found one that can do December.

I also needed a gutter repair guy, phoned several companies, all too busy to do residential properties. Phoned a guy in the monthly newsletter posted through my door, booked for 6 months (why advertise in a monthly publication if you're booked for 6 months?!?). Eventually found a guy that can do it at the end of the week, price is double what I would have expected.

Tried to get a guy to remove a wasps nest, phoned several companies (many promised 'same day' service), eventually found a guy had to pay double what I expected, it took him about 5 seconds to spray it with a long rod attachment, 60 odd quid.

Pay over the odds for my annual boiler service as well because I use a company with a physical office and secretary. Paying £30 more than I need to because they answer the phone and turn up. Previous boiler guy literally didn't answer his phone for 2 months when I was trying to get him to do it.

Absolutely nightmare every time. I'm wondering if there's actually a service I can pay for that will book tradesfolk for me.

Comment

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post

I tried to get a chimney sweep, usual guy said mate you need to book 3 months in advance I'm fully booked every day until end of January. Same with two others I called, eventually found one that can do December.

I also needed a gutter repair guy, phoned several companies, all too busy to do residential properties. Phoned a guy in the monthly newsletter posted through my door, booked for 6 months (why advertise in a monthly publication if you're booked for 6 months?!?). Eventually found a guy that can do it at the end of the week, price is double what I would have expected.

Tried to get a guy to remove a wasps nest, phoned several companies (many promised 'same day' service), eventually found a guy had to pay double what I expected, it took him about 5 seconds to spray it with a long rod attachment, 60 odd quid.

Pay over the odds for my annual boiler service as well because I use a company with a physical office and secretary. Paying £30 more than I need to because they answer the phone and turn up. Previous boiler guy literally didn't answer his phone for 2 months when I was trying to get him to do it.

Absolutely nightmare every time. I'm wondering if there's actually a service I can pay for that will book tradesfolk for me.
        Whilst I agree with you - there is a theme in your e-mail which is that you felt you overpaid - twice.

And the reason for that is if you want a quality job doing you need to pay for it.

After all you lot are all contractors who would not get out of bed for less than £500 a day -- amiright?

Comment

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post

half the people in at least three of my local pubs are tradesmen.
          I have no problem getting stuff done at all.
          and they do good work for the market rate.

you need to get out more

Comment

Working...
          X