• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shylock was Jewish?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    FTFY - Don't confuse
    Whoa there!

Comment

Just thank your lucky stars that Shakespeare didn't call the character Mohammed rather than Shylock.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Shakespeare was a genius who understood the human condition and the stories we tell to justify our condition like no other before him.

Almost every film or story can be condensed into one of his plays, or at least part of it.

It is a testimony to his talent that he can still be controversial today. Despite the fact that those making these accusations are morons, of course.

Comment

Shabbat Shalom
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
            Shakespeare was a genius who understood the human condition and the stories we tell to justify our condition like no other before him.

Almost every film or story can be condensed into one of his plays, or at least part of it.

It is a testimony to his talent that he can still be controversial today. Despite the fact that those making these accusations are morons, of course.
            Sadly I have to agree with that. I am a philistine.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Just thank your lucky stars that Shakespeare didn't call the character Mohammed rather than Shylock.
              The Moors got their comeuppance with the astutely observed Othello.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                The Moors got their comeuppance with the astutely observed Othello.
                Can you summarise that? When it comes to art and literature I have an attention span of 10 seconds....

Comment

Ten minute Othello here.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Can you summarise that? When it comes to art and literature I have an attention span of 10 seconds....
                    When it comes to art and literature I have an attention span of 10 seconds.
                    you and me too!

Comment

Working...
                    X