Shylock was Jewish? Shylock was Jewish?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 29

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Default Shylock was Jewish?

Clacton Labour candidate quits over 'Shylock' comment - BBC News

I thought Shylock just referred to a greedy money lender?

I have always hated Shakespeare. Partially caused by being forced to study Merchant of Venice at age 13. Could not wait to get back into mafs lessons.

Super poster

Zigenare is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post

I have always hated Shakespeare. Partially caused by being forced to study Merchant of Venice at age 13. Could not wait to get back into mafs lessons.
    T'was a different time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Of course he was a Jew. His famous speech:

Hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? Fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer as a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that.

Interesting article here about whether the play itself is antisemitic. It's a shame to hate Shakespear - he was a master story teller, and coined many phrases used in the English language today.
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath

More fingers than teeth

minestrone is NOT a disguised employee

*Sigh* so much antisemitism these days.

First they came for the Christians,
    and I did not speak out as I was not Christian.

Then they came for Shakespeare,
    and I did not speak out as age 13...

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by minestrone View Post

<joke>
    Well they're not going to come for the Jews again, not now they've got Nukes!
    </joke>
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.

Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

I Am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Of course he was a Jew. His famous speech:

Hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? Fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer as a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that.

Interesting article here about whether the play itself is antisemitic. It's a shame to hate Shakespear - he was a master story teller, and coined many phrases used in the English language today.
    Please tell me Shakespeare was racist - then he can be banned. It seems being boring is not enough.

I love you use of "of course". Who here as not studied all Shakespeare's drivel - typed by an army of monkeys. I was forced to study MoV and all I can remember is a pound of flesh. I momentarily got interested at the prospect of gore. And I was disappointed.

I wish Shylock had proper legal advice. I can see NLUK writing "You can take between 0.5 pounds and 1.5 pounds of any body part. To be cut while victim is on a DFS sofa using a sharpened chutney spoon. No protection from gladiator outfit allowed. Your accountant will weigh the body parts. Any discrepancies to be adjudicated by the moderators. Have you not read this in the first timers guide?"

I Am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by minestrone View Post

Next they will ban B****t parties.....

Super poster

Please tell me Shakespeare was racist - then he can be banned. It seems being boring is not enough.

I love you use of "of course". Who here as not studied all Shakespeare's drivel - typed by an army of monkeys. I was forced to study MoV and all I can remember is a pound of flesh. I momentarily got interested at the prospect of gore. And I was disappointed.

I wish Shylock had proper legal advice. I can see NLUK writing "You can take between 0.5 pounds and 1.5 pounds of any body part. To be cut while victim is on a DFS sofa using a sharpened chutney spoon. No protection from gladiator outfit allowed. Your accountant will weigh the body parts. Any discrepancies to be adjudicated by the moderators. Have you not read this in the first timers guide?"
    What about "double dipping"? Is that outlawed now?

I Am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    What about "double dipping"? Is that outlawed now?
    Its only legal if you bleed the radiators first.

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

Villain, I have done thy mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018