• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going permie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
    Yes I am, market is dead atm, companies are way over picky due to the glut of contracters on the market.

Well done Tories for short term political gain.
    Many companies reject candidates with contracting background for permie jobs

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
      Many companies reject candidates with contracting background for permie jobs
      Yup.
      Any contractor looking for a permie job is going to jump as soon as the contracts come back.
      Employers know this.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

True but it does also depend on whether the employer wants to make their company a place worth sticking with. If a company wants to attract the best talent they have to offer more than cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          I'm assuming it's HMRC telling the Govt (of either colour) that there are untold riches to be had screwing contractors, with no thought of any wider consequences. Just another day in the office for the I suppose.
          HMRC giving handjobs to capita and inviting other government sectors to join in

Comment

The government will lose a lot of tax revenue if contractors go permie.

Either HMRC can't do sums (well, we know this is true) or it's idealogically motivated. Remember all that guff a while back about enabling the flexible workforce?

Comment

Working...
            X