• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going permie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going permie

Yes I am, market is dead atm, companies are way over picky due to the glut of contracters on the market.

Well done Tories for short term political gain.

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
    Yes I am, market is dead atm, companies are way over picky due to the glut of contracters on the market.

You have a permie offer or just day dreaming ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

You think things will be better under a Labour government?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        You have a permie offer or just day dreaming ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
        Waiting for the offer.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          You think things will be better under a Labour government?
          Nope.

Comment

Is that because contractors, who were previously in public sector roles, are now chasing private sector gigs?
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
              Is that because contractors, who were previously in public sector roles, are now chasing private sector gigs?
              That and all those who have been given the heave-ho by private sector clients that are no loner hiring contractors due to the upcoming changes.

Comment

Is that the reason for all this? The short term gain of saying "We are stopping tax avoiders"? Genuine question. I guess there's also the increased tax revenue, but once you adjust in all the accountants going out of business, and fair amount of agents, it seems like a wash to me.

Who gains from all this? Is this just a varation of "F**ck Business"? I can't believe it's some communist plot from Labour that the Conservatives forgot to cancel for the last 8 years they've been in power.

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
                  Is that the reason for all this? The short term gain of saying "We are stopping tax avoiders"? Genuine question. I guess there's also the increased tax revenue, but once you adjust in all the accountants going out of business, and fair amount of agents, it seems like a wash to me.

Who gains from all this? Is this just a varation of "F**ck Business"? I can't believe it's some communist plot from Labour that the Conservatives forgot to cancel for the last 8 years they've been in power.
                  I'm assuming it's HMRC telling the Govt (of either colour) that there are untold riches to be had screwing contractors, with no thought of any wider consequences. Just another day in the office for the I suppose.

Comment

You filthy tax-dodging contractors turned permies disgust me...

Comment

Working...
                    X