Daily Wail and ad blockers Daily Wail and ad blockers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 20

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk is always on top

Default Daily Wail and ad blockers

So it looks like they won't allow content to show when you've an ad blocker on. Bearing in mind my ad blocker is showing over 50 hits per page I don't think I'll be turning it off thank you. The site is a nightmare for ads and I've not been at a client where it's been either blocked or a nightmare to read.

That said I do like a good peruse from time to time. Anyway around this? Seems like a very bold move by them tbh.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Works fine in Brave browser with not a single ad.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Super poster

Hobosapien - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Anyway around this?
    I use a hosts file (MVPS) that redirects all the known adservers and other dodgy sources to a localhost IP address, so I just get whitespace instead of the adverts. Presumably the website (including Daily Mail) fall back to assuming the adservice is currently unavailable (which it is ) and show the rest of the content.

I don't bother with adblockers to avoid the hassle of sites blocking adblockers as you've found.

Additionally I do this inside a VM so I can accept all cookies and clear them down regularly.

I surf whitelisted sites that require login, such as CUK, outside of the VM.

Works for me.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Switching off javascript works for some sites.
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath

Super poster

Zigenare is a fount of knowledge

Not reading the Wail works even better!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    Not reading the Wail works even better!
    Only one reason to visit. Having accidentally clicked on the guardian opinion page. It restores the balance.

Super poster

Zigenare is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Only one reason to visit. Having accidentally clicked on the guardian opinion page. It restores the balance.
    A likely story!
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

Contractor Among Contractors

b0redom has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by Hobosapien View Post
    I use a hosts file (MVPS) that redirects all the known adservers and other dodgy sources to a localhost IP address, so I just get whitespace instead of the adverts. Presumably the website (including Daily Mail) fall back to assuming the adservice is currently unavailable (which it is ) and show the rest of the content.

I don't bother with adblockers to avoid the hassle of sites blocking adblockers as you've found.

Additionally I do this inside a VM so I can accept all cookies and clear them down regularly.

I surf whitelisted sites that require login, such as CUK, outside of the VM.

Works for me.
    I do similar but at network level using PiHole. You can run it in a container on your laptop if you're out and about.
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Super poster

woohoo is a fount of knowledge

I use uBlock Origin for Chrome and DM seems ok. I mean its still full of tulipe but the expected tulipe.

Super poster

Scruff is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by b0redom View Post
    I do similar but at network level using PiHole. You can run it in a container on your laptop if you're out and about.
    Ditto. Raspi-4.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).