• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

86% Take Home Pay (Totally Legit)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure when I last used ltd it was something like 82%.

Low salary, split divs with mrs (neither of us going into 40%), 100 mile a day expenses......
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Do you count your expenses as take-home money? I'd view that as just another deduction, like tax etc.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Sure when I last used ltd it was something like 82%.

Low salary, split divs with mrs (neither of us going into 40%), 100 mile a day expenses......
        Pretty easy to achieve that around the NMW rates for keyboard replacers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          Taking £30k severance tax free if you're not formally being made redundant is fraudulent tax evasion.
          For both you and your employer.

You're either being made redundant or you're not.
          I've just had a brainwave - If you're contracting outside IR35 through your Ltd company, and you decide to go perm, then what is to prevent your Ltd from making you redundant and giving you a £30K tax-free redundancy package, plus expenses for having to look around before you found and bagged the permi role?
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            I've just had a brainwave - If you're contracting outside IR35 through your Ltd company, and you decide to go perm, then what is to prevent your Ltd from making you redundant and giving you a £30K tax-free redundancy package, plus expenses for having to look around before you found and bagged the permi role?
            Wow, that's incredible, Why has no-one ever thought of that before!!!

Oh, wait, they have:

Google Search

Alternatively:

TLDR;

You can't
            Last edited by Paralytic; 18 November 2019, 15:49.

Comment

Working...
            X