Banned - Old Greg - 1 month (pending review) Banned - Old Greg - 1 month (pending review) - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Posts 71 to 80 of 86

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by moneybags View Post
    There are laws about what you can and can't say about particular protected groups online.
    Of course. And I guess you consider manic's avatar to "demonstrates hostility towards the victim's disability" where you are the victim, especially when viewed in conjunction with the handle "manic", and as such is a form of hate speech towards a protected group.

i disagree.

If you wish to take this further, please use the form here to contact the site administrator.
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath

Godlike

BR14 is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    Roll your chubby neck in. This is General. if you're too sensitive, go take your snowflake-ness somewhere else.

Or you could MTFU Your choice fella
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Have a lie down in a dark room or something.
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Banned

moneybags doesn't make much sense

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Of course. And I guess you consider manic's avatar to "demonstrates hostility towards the victim's disability" where you are the victim, especially when viewed in conjunction with the handle "manic", and as such is a form of hate speech towards a protected group.

i disagree.

If you wish to take this further, please use the form here to contact the site administrator.
    Thanks NotAllThere

Your answer instils me with a degree of confidence in the way you go about your moderating.

You've gone off on a slight tangent with respect to "hate speech". I was thinking more of indirect discrimination. My exchange with Manic was actually quite friendly. The reason why we are talking about it on this thread is someone brought it up as something that I might get banned for and I thought a decision like that could be challenged as discriminatory. A number of the legal tests would have been checked: an offensive joke has been made with reference to a protected group and I am being made to feel unwelcome for pointing that out (or even banned).

I understand that the attitude to rude posts is different on "General" but one's avatar gets posted in all quarters. Apparently the other boards are meant to be "professional". I'm pretty sure if I raised this in a workplace it would be dealt with but to be honest I'm more interested in the debate than complaining.

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

You wouldn't get banned for being offended or objecting to an avatar. NLUK was talking somewhat testicularly. If you were, for example, to go on about the avatar instead of following the route I suggested, then you might get banned for trolling.

Basic rule - do not upset the moderators. For they are quick to anger and not very subtle. Nor above stealing other's jokes.
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath

Suffers Fools...Badly!

shaunbhoy is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Of course the moderators are inconsistent, capricious, arbitrary, patronising and partial.
    But also, in THIS particular instance at least, brutally honest.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Suffers Fools...Badly!

Quote Originally Posted by moneybags View Post
    Thanks NotAllThere

Your answer instils me with a degree of confidence in the way you go about your moderating.
    Stick around. That misconception will soon evaporate.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Super poster

Whorty - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    3 moonies .... RIGHT, THAT'S IT ... I'M WELL TRIGGERED NOW !!!!!
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Suffers Fools...Badly!

A stunning victory for the Dutch Antilles One Justice Campaign.
    Good to see you back.

If I might use a gardening simile here, without you, the dungheap that constitutes the Bremainiac contingent hereabouts would be deprived of the biggest weed growing out of it.

Especially when you consider that Mrs sas has clearly been tinkering with the parental controls on his laptop again!

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Good to see you back.

If I might use a gardening simile here, without you, the dungheap that constitutes the Bremainiac contingent hereabouts would be deprived of the biggest weed growing out of it.
    You might use a simile, but you didn't That's a metaphor, you cretin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Suffers Fools...Badly!

You might use a simile, but you didn't That's a metaphor, you cretin.
    simile
    /ˈsɪmɪli/

noun
    a figure of speech involving the comparison of one thing with another thing of a different kind, used to make a description more emphatic or vivid

Or then again, maybe I did.

If you weren't so triggered you might have realised. Still, you never were very bright.