• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Banned - Old Greg - 1 month (pending review)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    simile
    /ˈsɪmɪli/

noun
    a figure of speech involving the comparison of one thing with another thing of a different kind, used to make a description more emphatic or vivid

Or then again, maybe I did.

If you weren't so triggered you might have realised. Still, you never were very bright.

Since you like spouting definitions.

Simile and Metaphor—What’s the Difference?

While both similes and metaphors are used to make comparisons, the difference between similes and metaphors comes down to a word. Similes use the words like or as to compare things—“Life is like a box of chocolates.” In contrast, metaphors directly state a comparison—“Love is a battlefield.”

Here are some examples of similes and metaphors:

Life is like a box of chocolates. (Simile) My life is an open book. (Metaphor) That baby is as cute as a button!(Simile) Baby, you’re a firework.(Metaphor)

So. No you didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanensia View Post
      Pedantic hairsplitting semantics deleted
      That explanation is like a pile of sh*te!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

simile
        /ˈsɪmɪli/

noun
        a figure of speech involving the comparison of one thing with another thing of a different kind, used to make a description more emphatic or vivid

Or then again, maybe I did.

If you weren't so triggered you might have realised. Still, you never were very bright.

Keep digging, thickie.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanensia View Post
          Since you like spouting definitions.

Simile and Metaphor—What’s the Difference?

While both similes and metaphors are used to make comparisons, the difference between similes and metaphors comes down to a word. Similes use the words like or as to compare things—“Life is like a box of chocolates.” In contrast, metaphors directly state a comparison—“Love is a battlefield.”

Here are some examples of similes and metaphors:

Life is like a box of chocolates. (Simile) My life is an open book. (Metaphor) That baby is as cute as a button!(Simile) Baby, you’re a firework.(Metaphor)

So. No you didn't.
          Five points to Ravenclaw.

Comment

That explanation is like a pile of sh*te!

You really can't take it when you're proven wrong, can you? Which given how often that is on here, you'd think you'd be used to it by now

Why not just accept it fella, you're nowhere near as smart as you think you are.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              You really can't take it when you're proven wrong, can you? Which given how often that is on here, you'd think you'd be used to it by now

Why not just accept it fella, you're nowhere near as smart as you think you are.
              He should be grateful for the free education. It's no wonder the Army never let him out of the Aldershot Spud bashing hut.

Comment

Working...
              X