• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm a Contractor... what can I claim off the state?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moneybags View Post
    Yes, I have a contract. It's work that requires security clearance so I'm waiting for my SC to transfer and the agent has said it will take a month. Also the client shuts down over Christmas. I am waiting for an IR35 review of the contract but I'm tempted to go limited anyway just for the sheer thrill and to hell with the consequences.

My customers like my sense of humour so I think you're a little hasty to move me because I think a SOH is a good thing in business... especially for sales.
    it takes les than a month to get SC in the first place. The agent is lying...
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      So you have a contract but no company for the contract to be awarded to. How does that work?

It doesn't, that's why he's avoiding the question.

He hasn't signed a contract.

Perhaps I'll start moving other thread to general?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

The agent (if they exist) might not be lying
        The contract (if it exists) might not require SC
        And the way things are going, someone might not exist on here much longer
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

You're not the first person to suggest that, I do wonder about these agents but I'm new to this. My status in the draft contract in terms of ltd or umbrella is TBD. Am I doing something wrong here? If so then these kind of conversations are helpful despite ludicrous accusations about the nature of my existence as a real person.

WTFH I've got to go out now but I will PM you later to understand your concerns.

And why am I on the bench?

Comment

Last time I applied it took 3 months... but that was a long time ago - while some of the posters here hadn't even started school...
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It took 6 months for me to get my SC renewed back in 2015. Heaven forbid what would happen if I applied for DV. How on earth would I juggle that one around in contracting?

UKSV are really inefficient these days.

Comment

I spoke to a woman today at the job centre
                AYSYCOTBAC?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

shaunbhoy

I've put that into google translator and I'm getting nothing. I'm sure it's really witty or perhaps an in joke.

In case you've never had the experience, you have to stand two abreast in the job centre so the government can claim they are cutting dole queues.

Comment

shaunbhoy

I've put that into google translator and I'm getting nothing. I'm sure it's really witty or perhaps an in joke.

In case you've never had the experience, you have to stand two abreast in the job centre so the government can claim they are cutting dole queues.
                    are you welsh?
                    do you like gladiators?
                    can you bleed radiators?

Comment

I can't believe you lot, leaving him to the Mods...
                      Last edited by Contractor UK; 27 November 2019, 15:09.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X