• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free Broadband for everyone!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Broadband for everyone!

Corbynista's to create fibre borg!

Parts of BT to be renationalised, other telcos to be told "Conform or be assimilated"!

So, anyone else think it's a good idea to vote labour?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Does it come with a free Soviet style iPad that can only visit state websites?

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      Corbynista's to create fibre borg!

Parts of BT to be renationalised, other telcos to be told "Conform or be assimilated"!

So, anyone else think it's a good idea to vote labour?
      It raises a few questions about how the U.K. sees itself in the future.

Is decent country-wide broadband necessary for Britain to grow as an advanced economy?
      Is broadband now a “necessity”, given that internet access is required more and more for job seeking, banking, welfare, remote working, etc?
      If either question is “yes”, who is going to pay for it?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        It raises a few questions about how the U.K. sees itself in the future.

Is decent country-wide broadband necessary for Britain to grow as an advanced economy?
        Is broadband now a “necessity”, given that internet access is required more and more for job seeking, banking, welfare, remote working, etc?
        If either question is “yes”, who is going to pay for it?
        I think most of the population will be asking "how much faster can I download p0rn"....

All we need now is for football to be be broadcast for free.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I think most of the population will be asking "how much faster can I download p0rn"....

All we need now is for football to be be broadcast for free.
          Do that and the proles will be too occupied to notice financial malfeasance, tax dodging, food banks, and regulatory standards going down the drain.

Have you just written the Tory manifesto?

Comment

"And we are going to give you..."

*spins wheel*

"Free Broadband!"

Comment

Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

It totally agree with free broadband or at least free wifi because: -
                Various local and national government services are only on-line without alternatives.
                It would expand the use of the Internet for the 20% of the population that don't use it.
                It would make email the norm in communications rather than post.
                It would give a boost to the online economy.

Good infrastructure has always boosted economies and the IP's have failed to do it privately.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I heard this nonsense on R4 this morning but sadly missed the sales pitch from John McDonnell as I suddenly felt the need to get out of bed for a widdle.

Yes I think everyone should have access to decent internet connection.
                  No I do not think it should be a nationalised service. That, to me, brings up a host of potential privacy concerns. I have no issue with a national programme to bring internet to the masses (which I think is what is currently being attempted anyway) and that infrastructure could be used by multiple providers to give the end user choice to buy the package that works for them.

If we're going to provide free internet, surely it's more of a basic human right to have free water, lighting, and heating? Let's nationalise everything, give away all the services for free! Except it won't be free, you'll be taxed at 90% of your income to pay for it cos Facebook et al will feck off somewhere else, and no-one will be able to afford to eat.

Comment

internet access is a luxury not a right

Comment

Working...
                    X