• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free Broadband for everyone!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    what 'plans'? you don't actually believe any of the pre-election krap our beloved politicians spout?

do you?

really?
    No, not in the slightest.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      No, not in the slightest.
      thank feck for that.
      had me worried, then

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        Isn’t it?

I haven’t seen any cost / benefit analysis, so perhaps you have more data that’s lead you to that conclusion.
        I have the data that's been spouted by Labour and the industry comment in response. To me, it doesn't stack up either financially or sensibly.

I'm all for improving internet access. I think this proposal is the wrong way to achieve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          Anyone would think that Labour don't want to win the GE...
          Unfortunately I think they *are* trying to win.

The main tactic being, promise to give group "A" stuff that belongs to group "B". For "free".

Comment

Looks like ipse no1 priority is now labour policy - well done ipse

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Does it come with a free Soviet style iPad that can only visit state websites?

Nope.. but you will receive a free and compulsory 8K government issue 'telescreen' that will be installed in place of your current TV and connected to your full-fiber.
              All channels are also completely free, although at fixed times throughout the day the telescreen will auto-switch to important broadcasts from Comrade Corbyn and the Ministry of information.
              And thats not all. For those familiar with Amazon Echo, the telescreens 'CorbynAI' responds to the words "Oh Jeremy" and you will be able to ask him questions (e.g. why am I starving?) and enjoy his his endless wisdom and correct-think.

Comment

Gammons won't care - they already get free wi-fi most of the time at Wetherspoons

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  Corbynista's to create fibre borg!

Parts of BT to be renationalised, other telcos to be told "Conform or be assimilated"!

So, anyone else think it's a good idea to vote labour?
                  Considering the alternative, absolutely.

Comment

Would be acceptable if only Labour voters paid for it in full

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Would be acceptable if only Labour voters paid for it in full
                      Allegedly they are going to fund it from taxing Amazon, etc.
                      To which the Tory response was "you can't do that or every big business will leave the UK"

So, the official Tory policy is tax small businesses and individuals. Leave big corporations out of any taxation.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X