• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My ClientCo Just Blanketed Everyone Inside

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
    Alleged, I would say. If it were even half true, HMRC would be smashing court case after court case right out of the park.
    Permie-tractors have got very little they can appeal against to even get to that stage.

"The client tells us, they told you what to work on, when to work on it and you had to ask permission to take holidays. I don't think having a different coloured badge and being excluded from the Christmas Party is a strong enough indicator you were in business on your own account. "
    Last edited by krytonsheep; 19 November 2019, 11:00.

Comment

Originally posted by krytonsheep View Post
      Permie-tractors have got very little they can appeal against to even get to that stage.

"The client tells us, they told you what to work on, when to work on it and you had to ask permission to take holidays. I don't think having a different coloured badge and being excluded from the Christmas Party is a strong enough indicator you were in business on your own account. "
      HMRC is losing 80% of IR35 cases it brings about according to an e-mail I got earlier. QDos are pretty confident too. It's only like 300 quid for IR35 insurance, which I pay for on top of my legal cover just in case.

It's not like anyone can really even tell me if I'm inside or outside without a protracted legal battle.

Comment

Nationwide have just started issuing CEST Assessments - supposed to all be done by end of the month.

From a couple of people I’ve talked to they are all coming out as “Inside IR35”, i.e. blanket approach taken.

The people who have received them have not been given any advice / next steps, nor have the Agency they engaged through either.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DSF70 View Post
            Nationwide have just started issuing CEST Assessments - supposed to all be done by end of the month.

From a couple of people I’ve talked to they are all coming out as “Inside IR35”, i.e. blanket approach taken.

The people who have received them have not been given any advice / next steps, nor have the Agency they engaged through either.
            Wow anyone there for years will face a massive tax bill

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

HMRC is losing 80% of IR35 cases it brings about according to an e-mail I got earlier. QDos are pretty confident too. It's only like 300 quid for IR35 insurance, which I pay for on top of my legal cover just in case.

It's not like anyone can really even tell me if I'm inside or outside without a protracted legal battle.
              For contractors that's true. For permie-tractors who are definitely inside IR35 but treat themselves as outside, there's probably two reasons we don't hear too much about them being caught inside.
              1. There's not that many IR35 investigations that take place.
              2. If a permie-tractor is investigated and they have IR35 insurance, the insurance won't cover them for professional fees because they would fail the "Prospects of Success" condition.

Comment

CLIENT : Hello FTB, we have a renewal for you. Its inside IR35

FTB : No no no. I'm outside. I've decided that.

CLIENT : Inside. Take it or leave it.

FTB : I'm going to sue you!

CLIENT : Right, ok. Good luck with your future endeavours.

FTB : But my skills are unique. Nobody else could possibly do what I do.

door slams shut.

<End>

Comment

Originally posted by DSF70 View Post

Go to the CEST website, select End Client and answer the questions honestly from the lens of the client. Bet it says inside.

Comment

Originally posted by helen7 View Post
                    CLIENT : Hello FTB, we have a renewal for you. Its inside IR35

FTB : No no no. I'm outside. I've decided that.

CLIENT : Inside. Take it or leave it.

FTB : I'm going to sue you!

CLIENT : Right, ok. Good luck with your future endeavours.

FTB : But my skills are unique. Nobody else could possibly do what I do.

door slams shut.

<End>
                    Hello Harry!

Comment

Originally posted by Manic View Post
                      Go to the CEST website, enter any criteria and give any answers to the questions. Bet it says inside.
                      FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X