• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My ClientCo Just Blanketed Everyone Inside

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Hello Harry!
    Hello MoreLamb

Comment

Does this IR35 malarky affect the contract outside UK also?
      what if we do contract in europe, will it be inside or outside IR35 ?

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
        The other has been informed Royal London have taken a blanket approach to any contractor, whether via managed service company or agency: out the door as soon as possible please.

As JMO21 mentioned: They are in process of awarding the contract to Cognizant or Tata.
        To be clear:
        - I didn't mention anything about anyone awarding any contract to Cog or Tata. RL do have a lot of Cog people already on site. No idea if there are any Tata.
        - in bold, that is not what I am seeing at RL, they are disengaging Ltd co contractors form 14th Feb, but will continue to use contractors PAYE/brolly through a preferred partner.
        - I imagine Cog will get more business as a result of the Ltd co decision

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
          To be clear:
          - I didn't mention anything about anyone awarding any contract to Cog or Tata. RL do have a lot of Cog people already on site. No idea if there are any Tata.
          - in bold, that is not what I am seeing at RL, they are disengaging Ltd co contractors form 14th Feb, but will continue to use contractors PAYE/brolly through a preferred partner.
          - I imagine Cog will get more business as a result of the Ltd co decision
          For clarity: I was reporting back what I was told by the individual and what they've been told by the MSP. Could be an agency-MSP fib, always difficult to tell in the circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            Forcing the companies to use Tata and Infosys instead of expensive contractors was always the end game for Tories. Those indian companies donate millions for Tories to fight elections.
            Alas it looks that way....
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              Alas it looks that way....
              And yet contractors still vote for the party that is having a direct impact on their take home pay and businesses. The mind boggles.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
                Something else that is wrong is that... From what I've been hearing the starting point won't be same rate! Will be a cut of ~25% on rates (to include Employer NIC, 'holidays' and 'pension' - basically client wants to keep the same cost). If you consider the 'holidays' and 'pension' as normal income you will still be looking at around ~10/15% cut (approximately the NIC).

So, MAYBE, if too many contractors reject this they will be forced to offer an 'increase' of 15 to 25% to the initial cut, putting the rate approximately to what it was initially... Forget increases of 25% on the original rates! That won't happen for 90% of the clients!

Also don't forget, vast majority of clients will take similar approach so contractors won't have much choice! And with the amount of contractors in the market someone will eventually accept it, and the worse part is clients are perfectly aware of this and are not shy to say it in your face!
                Yes thats the problem. If EVERYONE says "no raises" then contractors wont have much choice. But then a lot more will got back permie employement as well. After all, not worth contracting when the pay gap is narrowing.

In my case, I left an outside IR35 role end March 2017, took on an inside IR35 PS role April 2017. I wasn't involved but the rates were hiked. I had a choice, take home same as before (even though rate is 35% higher), and had to use umbrella. No brainer.

Of course, lets not forget, if you're a mon-fri stay away contractor its going to have an even larger effect. No more expenses. £200-£300 a week on hotels plus a long drive are now funded out of YOUR post-tax income.

Again with me, gig is 13 miles away from home so makes not a lot of difference to me. In fact, if anything it narrows down the field. No-one is going to be keen to come to wales and have to shell out for hotels as well.

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out in the private sector...
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Yes thats the problem. If EVERYONE says "no raises" then contractors wont have much choice. But then a lot more will got back permie employement as well. After all, not worth contracting when the pay gap is narrowing.

In my case, I left an outside IR35 role end March 2017, took on an inside IR35 PS role April 2017. I wasn't involved but the rates were hiked. I had a choice, take home same as before (even though rate is 35% higher), and had to use umbrella. No brainer.

Of course, lets not forget, if you're a mon-fri stay away contractor its going to have an even larger effect. No more expenses. £200-£300 a week on hotels plus a long drive are now funded out of YOUR post-tax income.

Again with me, gig is 13 miles away from home so makes not a lot of difference to me. In fact, if anything it narrows down the field. No-one is going to be keen to come to wales and have to shell out for hotels as well.

Agreed (in part). Just don't forget the number of permie positions is also on the employers hands... if they prefer PAYE/brollie they won't offer permie. In the end there won't be enough positions for everyone to go permie and we have to accept whatever they offer. Most likely in a few months the market regulates itself as things won't be as bad as they look right now.
                  "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

WPCS.

Not much in the way of embedded stuff around here & I'm certainly not paying for hotels and mileage out of my taxed income.

So, as a certified I shall sit back and let the country keep me.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      And yet contractors still vote for the party that is having a direct impact on their take home pay and businesses. The mind boggles.
                      do they? - how do you know that?

Comment

Working...
                      X