• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My ClientCo Just Blanketed Everyone Inside

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Alas it looks that way....
    Don't be all doom and gloom PC, I just saw a consultancy get the boot from the Public sector as they could not supply enough bodies. Even though they were told they couldn't supply anyone from outside the UK, they took a chance that they could do otherwise once they had won the bid and it didn't work out for them.
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      do they? - how do you know that?
      Because I can read. You should try it sometime.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        so where do you read that contractors vote in specific ways?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          so where do you read that contractors vote in specific ways?
          Tea leaves, it's one of the skills of being a highly trained zoo keeper, init?
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

And yet contractors still vote for the party that is having a direct impact on their take home pay and businesses. The mind boggles.
            Contractors gotta vote Brexit Party then. Labour and Libs will also screw contractors over.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

It's Started in the Telco's

Just had confirmation via agent e-mail cascade,

"Vodafone will no longer engage with individuals providing their services via Personal Services Companies beyond 28th February 2020. Vodafone will only engage with PAYE or Umbrella workers, who will be subject to PAYE deductions for Income Tax and National Insurance Contributions.

For all existing arrangements workers MUST be transitioned to a compliant solution i.e. PAYE or Umbrella by 28 February 2020.

What does this mean to you?
              If your contract end date is beyond 28th February 2020 you should start to consider the different engagement options available to you now, so that you can make an informed decision on how you wish to continue your assignment with Vodafone beyond this date"

I would imagine a lot of the vendors ( Ericsson / NSN / Fujitsu etc ) to the major fixed line & mobile Telco's will now also follow suit...........
              Trainee Techno Pikey

Comment

Originally posted by KpMrJ View Post

"Vodafone will no longer engage with individuals providing their services via Personal Services Companies beyond 28th February 2020. Vodafone will only engage with PAYE or Umbrella workers, who will be subject to PAYE deductions for Income Tax and National Insurance Contributions.

For all existing arrangements workers MUST be transitioned to a compliant solution i.e. PAYE or Umbrella by 28 February 2020.

If your contract end date is beyond 28th February 2020 you should start to consider the different engagement options available to you now, so that you can make an informed decision on how you wish to continue your assignment with Vodafone beyond this date"

I would imagine a lot of the vendors ( Ericsson / NSN / Fujitsu etc ) to the major fixed line & mobile Telco's will now also follow suit...........
                Everyone will follow suit, or have a massive target on their head for HMRC to aim at.

Limited Company IT contracting is dead and buried. You are either now PAYE permies or PAYE temp permies without any benefits or protections.

HTH BIDI

Comment

I wonder just how many of these BigCo's that put everyone onto payroll will be surprised when those same people who used to be busy delivering as contractors suddenly start to behave more like permanent resources who have the safety net of sick days, can't be arsed etc etc.

I've always found the constant cycle of contract renewal discussions to be an excellent source of motivation for delivering.

If I was going to get paid regardless I can't help but think my output would go down considerably.

I can't be the only one thinking i'd serve up a big dose of F.U. to the respective Company going forward??

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeSquash View Post
                    I wonder just how many of these BigCo's that put everyone onto payroll will be surprised when those same people who used to be busy delivering as contractors suddenly start to behave more like permanent resources who have the safety net of sick days, can't be arsed etc etc.

I've always found the constant cycle of contract renewal discussions to be an excellent source of motivation for delivering.

If I was going to get paid regardless I can't help but think my output would go down considerably.

I can't be the only one thinking i'd serve up a big dose of F.U. to the respective Company going forward??
                    I do the absolute minimum, take as much as I can get, work the minimum hours possible. It's quite nice actually kicking back compared to IT Contracting and not giving a flying ****, you get paid no matter what you deliver.

Comment

Originally posted by KpMrJ View Post

And good luck getting anyone to work in Newbury without expenses, Vodafone...
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X