• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris V Jeremy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    There are only two real possible election outcomes at this stage.

1. Tory majority. If you want Johnson's Brexit deal more than a second referendum, vote Tory, or conceivably Brexit Party if in a constituency with negligible Tory support.
    2. Hung parliament. If you want a second referendum more than Johnson's Brexit deal, vote for whichever party is best placed to beat the Tories in your constituency.

Project Fear re Labour economic policies is irrelevant. It's all about Brexit.
    If only it really was just about Brexit. Silly old, piffling little England and her Brexit.

It's about not being on the hook when the major German banks start failing, along with all the other Eurozone banks that have escaped any meaningful regulation for 20 years.

Comment

Simple fact is, Labour are unelectable with a loony lefty as leader.

I guess most of the membership, who voted for Corbyn, are too young to remember Michael Foot and how well that turned out.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
        If only it really was just about Brexit. Silly old, piffling little England and her Brexit.

It's about not being on the hook when the major German banks start failing, along with all the other Eurozone banks that have escaped any meaningful regulation for 20 years.
        If there was going to be Eurozone trouble, it would have been 2012.

Comment

Jezza should be in his jim jams at that time, I don't think he has the mental stamina for all this, getting boiled by the TV lights for a couple of hours.

Still I expect him to do that odd shouting a few words thing. Most folk think he's a fruitloop, I expect him to reinforce that.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            How likely do you consider a Labour majority?
            25/1 on betfair

1/2 Tory

15/8 no majority

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              25/1 on betfair
              That's generous.
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                Actually, I think he may be an honest politician. His personal relationship car crashes can (or at least should) be ignored. His ideas on the big policies are at least achievable and he recognises the roadblocks that are damaging the country.

So what was that about honesty?.
                The lies, falsehoods and misrepresentations of Boris Johnson and his government.
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

That site is a total cringe.

Comment

So which one are actually lies then?

And, more to the point, where is the list from the Labour side or the Scots Nats or the lib Dems? Actually, forget the Lib Dems, they don't have a clue anyway.

Pick one at random "NHS Cuts" appear routinely from all three. There haven't been any, the most you can say is that demand is growing faster than the allowed budget: a budget that is, incidentally, ring-fenced. That is down to a lot of factors, not least allowing GPs to opt out of patient care so people go to A&E with a cold. Actually that is a trivial one. How about 60% of NHS spend is not on patient care and a huge amount of that is paying PFI contracts let under Labour under Blair and Brown.

Our myriad current troubles didn't start two months ago. Unlike Johnson.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I had an afternoon snooze after watching black mirror (one where PM had to have sex with a pig) I dreamed Boris and Corbyn came on stage and bummed each other tonight live !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X