• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris V Jeremy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boris V Jeremy

First debate tonight - who will land the killer blow ?

Or rather who will screw up and say the wrong thing (Boris)

Originally posted by saptastic View Post

Corbyn will win but it won't have much impact on the election outcome.

Comment

Boris is used to debating at the Oxford Union, likely to pulverise the rather dim Mr Corbyn.

Boris Johnson - Wikipedia

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post

Would mean Corbyn would need to actually say something
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Would mean Corbyn would need to actually say something
          Rumour has it that Corbyn is going to cry off and send Diane Abbott in his stead!
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Boris will lie, stutter, mumble incoherently, interrupt, crack lame jokes and come across as a complete buffoon. He will win the debate (in terms of public perception) by some margin.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
              Boris is used to debating at the Oxford Union, likely to pulverise the rather dim Mr Corbyn.

Boris Johnson - Wikipedia

Comment

It's fascinating reading the comments on FB around various posts on the election. The number of presumably brain-dead people who think Corbyn is an honest politician and whose populist policies are good for the UK are quite frightening. Clearly they have no understanding of how they would be delivered - not that they will, of course.

Locally we get a choice of a "Tory yes-man posh nob", a Labour nobody and an irritating Lib Dem councillor who refuses to answer direct questions and puts lies all over what she does say (the classic one being about NHS cuts... There haven't been any).

The Tory will walk it, I suspect.

As for the debate, it doesn't matter who says what. The faithful will think their man is right and the other one a complete buffoon. If only they would realise that it's not a presidential election and this particular stunt is basically meaningless telly entertainment...
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  It's fascinating reading the comments on FB around various posts on the election. The number of presumably brain-dead people who think Corbyn is an honest politician and whose populist policies are good for the UK are quite frightening. Clearly they have no understanding of how they would be delivered - not that they will, of course.

Locally we get a choice of a "Tory yes-man posh nob", a Labour nobody and an irritating Lib Dem councillor who refuses to answer direct questions and puts lies all over what she does say (the classic one being about NHS cuts... There haven't been any).

The Tory will walk it, I suspect.

As for the debate, it doesn't matter who says what. The faithful will think their man is right and the other one a complete buffoon. If only they would realise that it's not a presidential election and this particular stunt is basically meaningless telly entertainment...
                  There are only two real possible election outcomes at this stage.

1. Tory majority. If you want Johnson's Brexit deal more than a second referendum, vote Tory, or conceivably Brexit Party if in a constituency with negligible Tory support.
                  2. Hung parliament. If you want a second referendum more than Johnson's Brexit deal, vote for whichever party is best placed to beat the Tories in your constituency.

Project Fear re Labour economic policies is irrelevant. It's all about Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

Project Fear re Labour economic policies is irrelevant. It's all about Brexit.
                    Not it's not. If you believe that, welcome to the ranks of the undead who really don't understand what's at stake.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X