£350k is enough for anyone - says Labour! £350k is enough for anyone - says Labour! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11

    Super poster

    meridian - scorchio!

    meridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
    So, you're running your 100 million quid business, and you need a CEO that has experience of running businesses of that magnitude. You find a guy, he's damn good, boosting profits of numerous businesses from 100mil to 500mil in just 2 years. Even if he cost 100mil he'd be worth it, to mitigate risk and maximise profit.

    But you can only pay him £350k under the law.

    Meanwhile another business that's only 5 million quid needs help. They can't pay much, but they can pay £350k since that's chump change.

    What happens next? :S

    Likewise with it being public sector, the NHS needs a guy to fix their leaky ship that's pissing money away, but they can only pay £350k whereas a private firm can pay £3,500,000 + bonus... all the talent leaves the public sector...

    At least they can get Capita in to sort it out, I guess.
    The Prime Minister runs the entire country but gets paid a pittance in comparison.

    Should the PM also be on £3,500,000 + bonus? If they aren’t, should we fear all the talent leaving the public sector?

    Oh.

  2. #12

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    21,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    The Prime Minister runs the entire country but gets paid a pittance in comparison.

    Should the PM also be on £3,500,000 + bonus? If they aren’t, should we fear all the talent leaving the public sector?

    Oh.
    Most MPs would stand even if they had to pay for the honour. The only reason they get a salary is so people who aren't independently wealthy can be MPs. Thin end of the wedge, that was.
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath

  3. #13

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    104,657

    Default

    My butler is not going to be pleased at his salary being halved.

  4. #14

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    21,334

    Default

    Indeed. £350K? INKSPE.
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath

  5. #15

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is a fount of knowledge

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    51,540

    Default

    Salaries should be set by owners as they see fit - in this case Govt on behalf of public, those who don’t like 350k limit should apply for jobs in private or start their own company.

  6. #16

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran is always on top

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    31,572

    Default

    having worked for CEOs that can encourage people to walk through fire and CEOs that I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire you are wrong. One man or woman can and does make a difference.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  7. #17

    Super poster

    Zigenare is a fount of knowledge

    Zigenare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    4,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Except it's not quite like that is it.

    It's public sector Chief Execs only, and it's tied to the living wage, so as employees earn more, so do they.



    Still, it's a good pitch for a job as a Headline writer for the Wail.
    Except it's not quite like that is it?

    The Chief exec is tied to the living wage, the rest of the employees aren't.

    DaveB, read before you spout your tulipe!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

  8. #18

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    21,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    having worked for CEOs that can encourage people to walk through fire...
    You're just easily manipulated.
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath

  9. #19

    Double Godlike!

    original PM is a fount of knowledge

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Most MPs would stand even if they had to pay for the honour. The only reason they get a salary is so people who aren't independently wealthy can be MPs. Thin end of the wedge, that was.
    Maybe that may have been true 30 years ago but not anymore.

    What we have are career politicians - e.g. those people whose lively hood and salary are tied to being a politician - and that is actually quite a large problem as clearly for these people the politics is simple a vehicle for getting paid and feeding their family etc

    This can clearly be demonstrated by those politicians who wake up 1 morning and simple change their colours, do you think that is

    a) Because they have had a complete change of heart and now have new political opinions and view points

    or

    b) because the new party offered better benefits.

  10. #20

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH is always on top

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    18,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Maybe that may have been true 30 years ago but not anymore.

    What we have are career politicians - e.g. those people whose lively hood and salary are tied to being a politician - and that is actually quite a large problem as clearly for these people the politics is simple a vehicle for getting paid and feeding their family etc

    This can clearly be demonstrated by those politicians who wake up 1 morning and simple change their colours, do you think that is

    a) Because they have had a complete change of heart and now have new political opinions and view points

    or

    b) because the new party offered better benefits.
    What about those who change party colours because they are kicked out of their own party for daring to disagree with its leader?
    Moderation means Moderation
    Strong and Stable Moderation

    Get Moderation Done - Unleash Moderator Potential

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •