• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vote Tory, vote to mostly eliminate British manufacturing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vote Tory, vote to mostly eliminate British manufacturing

According to Economist for Brexit, Prof. Patrick Minford.

Over time, if we left the EU, it seems likely that we would mostly eliminate manufacturing, leaving mainly industries such as design, marketing and hi-tech. But this shouldn’t scare us.
    If you want to maintain a British manufacturing sector, vote for whichever candidate is most likely to defeat the Tories in your constituency.

It's Tory Brexit or a hung Parliament.

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    According to Economist for Brexit, Prof. Patrick Minford.

If you want to maintain a British manufacturing sector, vote for whichever candidate is most likely to defeat the Tories in your constituency.

It's Tory Brexit or a hung Parliament.
    You seem to be taking on layers of senility in much the same way as an old garden shed absorbs creosote.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Anyone that vote's for a repeat of the last 5 years needs their head looked at.

This is not a a general election, it's a referendum Mk II. The Tory vote will make ex PM May's snap-election seem like a landslide.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Over time, if we left the EU, it seems likely that we would mostly eliminate manufacturing
        Quite the most ridiculous remark made to date.

Britain is the 6th biggest economy and manufactures more than it did when I was a boy. There will be considerable disruption. Many companies will fold within a short space of time. Wealth, health, education, infrastructure and employment levels will fall. We will however continue to be a great trading nation.

If you want Armageddon, think more about financial services. HSBC was the global goto bank for criminals but it had its wings clipped big time. The UK can't survive forever pushing tax evasion, money laundering etc. Outside the biggest economic bloc in the World, we will be very much more exposed to regulatory initiatives.
        "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
          Quite the most ridiculous remark made to date.

Britain is the 6th biggest economy and manufactures more than it did when I was a boy. There will be considerable disruption. Many companies will fold within a short space of time. Wealth, health, education, infrastructure and employment levels will fall. We will however continue to be a great trading nation.

If you want Armageddon, think more about financial services. HSBC was the global goto bank for criminals but it had its wings clipped big time. The UK can't survive forever pushing tax evasion, money laundering etc. Outside the biggest economic bloc in the World, we will be very much more exposed to regulatory initiatives.
          It's Brexit's leading economist cheer leader's view of manufacturing post Brexit. It's what the Brexiteer leadership are gunning for.

Comment

It's Brexit's leading economist cheer leader's view of manufacturing post Brexit. It's what the Brexiteer leadership are gunning for.
            UK to become a tax haven. Back to Victorian times - the UK will rule the world financially. With most citizens in poverty.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Anyone that vote's for a repeat of the last 5 years needs their head looked at.

This is not a a general election, it's a referendum Mk II. The Tory vote will make ex PM May's snap-election seem like a landslide.
              referendum Mk II was what I thought was going to happen, especially after the LibDems announced that a vote for them was a vote to cancel Article 50. Too bad it's not working out that way as the overwhelming focus is on the two parties who both want Brexit. Not allowing any remain voice in the debate last night was the final stitch up.

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
                referendum Mk II was what I thought was going to happen, especially after the LibDems announced that a vote for them was a vote to cancel Article 50. Too bad it's not working out that way as the overwhelming focus is on the two parties who both want Brexit. Not allowing any remain voice in the debate last night was the final stitch up.
                The media, and the gullible voting public, still play to the beat that we are in a US style, 2 party state. We just can't seem to understand that it doesn't have to be this way - people say they want change, and yet continue to vote for only Tory or Labour.

We get the government and parliament we deserve
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
                  Agreed.

Don't know about you but I'm paying <0 attention to the media on the run up to this election. I've made up my own mind without Barclay brothers / Murdoch's tabloid lies & spin.

MSM's control of the UK is fast coming to an end.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Agreed.

Don't know about you but I'm paying <0 attention to the media on the run up to this election. I've made up my own mind without Barclay brothers / Murdoch's tabloid lies & spin.

MSM's control of the UK is fast coming to an end.
                    I've made up my own mind
                    I guess that's true of most voters. Floating voters really only exist in marginals where they believe they could make a difference. In safe seats, those that don't support the incumbent party will have no influence on the result. I'm not an LD supporter, but I support PR, without which we would have an uncontrolled Labour Welsh Assembly and we wouldn't have so many Brexit MEP's

Comment

Working...
                    X