• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

death penalty for thieves...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

death penalty for thieves...

... who steal number plates from battered old cars.

No sign of crime use yet - I expect a flood of letters from tfl etc. soon.

All instances of my number plate will get pulled over by ANPR over the next 3 months - including me. Little chance of police being on the road these days.

At first I thought I would have to get the car recovered to Wales. Then that I would need registration document sent down. It seems Halfords will accept a photo/scan - as I have been a good customer for 12 years.

Bloody liberal.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I don't support the death penalty. Just pay back the taxes you owe.

Comment

Bloody liberal.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

All instances of my number plate will get pulled over by ANPR over the next 3 months - including me. Little chance of police being on the road these days.

At first I thought I would have to get the car recovered to Wales. Then that I would need registration document sent down. It seems Halfords will accept a photo/scan - as I have been a good customer for 12 years.
          What kind of contractor has a "battered old car"

NCOTBAC
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Once you report it as a crime then you may be asked by your local plod to make your number plate distinctive - I stuck black tape over the EU flag that was on my number plate. Two birds one stone.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              What kind of contractor has a "battered old car"

NCOTBAC
              I am permie now. Massive salary, healthcare, sick pay, etcetc.

Cars always get scratched in car parks and such like. I never worry where I leave the car. And when I cut people up they never want to go anywhere near it - they don't want to damage their precious "penis extensions".

It generally attracts little attention Until now.....

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                Once you report it as a crime then you may be asked by your local plod to make your number plate distinctive - I stuck black tape over the EU flag that was on my number plate. Two birds one stone.
                A proper post on reply #5! Usually I have to wait until reply #10 for sense.

One numpty even posted the same comment twice.

I wish there was a mod who could delete the noise.

And I have changed my mind about death penalty. I suggest being handcuffed and thrown into a Manchester canal.....

Comment

A proper post on reply #5! Usually I have to wait until reply #10 for sense.

One numpty even posted the same comment twice.

I wish there was a mod who could delete the noise.

And I have changed my mind about death penalty. I suggest being handcuffed and thrown into a Manchester canal.....
                  The Manchester Sh!t Canal?
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Got the plates replaced at Halfords. They had to be glued on - the plates were ripped off and the threads of the screws messed up.

Can thieves not even operate a screwdriver now?

Comment

Working...
                    X