death penalty for thieves... death penalty for thieves...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    105,550

    Default death penalty for thieves...

    ... who steal number plates from battered old cars.

    No sign of crime use yet - I expect a flood of letters from tfl etc. soon.

    All instances of my number plate will get pulled over by ANPR over the next 3 months - including me. Little chance of police being on the road these days.

    At first I thought I would have to get the car recovered to Wales. Then that I would need registration document sent down. It seems Halfords will accept a photo/scan - as I have been a good customer for 12 years.

  2. #2

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    21,578

    Default

    Bloody liberal.
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath

  3. #3

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    22,757

    Default

    I don't support the death penalty. Just pay back the taxes you owe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  4. #4

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    21,578

    Default

    Bloody liberal.
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath

  5. #5

    TykeLike

    SimonMac is a fount of knowledge

    SimonMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    God's Own Republic Of Yorkshire
    Posts
    23,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    ... who steal number plates from battered old cars.

    No sign of crime use yet - I expect a flood of letters from tfl etc. soon.

    All instances of my number plate will get pulled over by ANPR over the next 3 months - including me. Little chance of police being on the road these days.

    At first I thought I would have to get the car recovered to Wales. Then that I would need registration document sent down. It seems Halfords will accept a photo/scan - as I have been a good customer for 12 years.
    What kind of contractor has a "battered old car"

    NCOTBAC
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

    ― Marcus Aurelius

  6. #6

    Super poster

    Zigenare is a fount of knowledge

    Zigenare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    4,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    ... who steal number plates from battered old cars.

    No sign of crime use yet - I expect a flood of letters from tfl etc. soon.

    All instances of my number plate will get pulled over by ANPR over the next 3 months - including me. Little chance of police being on the road these days.

    At first I thought I would have to get the car recovered to Wales. Then that I would need registration document sent down. It seems Halfords will accept a photo/scan - as I have been a good customer for 12 years.
    Once you report it as a crime then you may be asked by your local plod to make your number plate distinctive - I stuck black tape over the EU flag that was on my number plate. Two birds one stone.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

  7. #7

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    105,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    What kind of contractor has a "battered old car"

    NCOTBAC
    I am permie now. Massive salary, healthcare, sick pay, etcetc.

    Cars always get scratched in car parks and such like. I never worry where I leave the car. And when I cut people up they never want to go anywhere near it - they don't want to damage their precious "penis extensions".

    It generally attracts little attention Until now.....

  8. #8

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    105,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    Once you report it as a crime then you may be asked by your local plod to make your number plate distinctive - I stuck black tape over the EU flag that was on my number plate. Two birds one stone.
    A proper post on reply #5! Usually I have to wait until reply #10 for sense.

    One numpty even posted the same comment twice.

    I wish there was a mod who could delete the noise.

    And I have changed my mind about death penalty. I suggest being handcuffed and thrown into a Manchester canal.....

  9. #9

    Super poster

    Zigenare is a fount of knowledge

    Zigenare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    4,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    A proper post on reply #5! Usually I have to wait until reply #10 for sense.

    One numpty even posted the same comment twice.

    I wish there was a mod who could delete the noise.

    And I have changed my mind about death penalty. I suggest being handcuffed and thrown into a Manchester canal.....
    The Manchester Sh!t Canal?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

  10. #10

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    105,550

    Default

    Got the plates replaced at Halfords. They had to be glued on - the plates were ripped off and the threads of the screws messed up.

    Can thieves not even operate a screwdriver now?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •