• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LEDHut - in administration?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEDHut - in administration?

I have bought a lot of bulbs from these guys and others here too, I think? I had some units fail that I bought about a year ago and placed a refund request. 10 days later I get this reply:

Thank you for your recent return request

I am sorry to inform you that LED Hut Fulfilment Services Ltd with whom you purchased the items from, and who agreed to honour the warranties and replacement costs were placed into administration on June 16th 2019 – the administrators being KPMG (details below)

Christian Crawford
    Restructuring
    [email protected]
    KPMG LLP
    One St Peter’s Square
    Manchester M2 3AE

Certain assets were acquired by Supreme 88 Ltd who will continue to trade under the LED Hut name, however as part of the purchase from administration no liabilities, guarantees or claims were transferred.

Due to the above, we cannot take any action with units purchased before the 16/06/2019

I do sympathise with you in this instance and if you need any further information from myself to assist your claims with KPMG please do not hesitate to get in touch.
    I have been chasing them over this for most of the 10 days and this is the first time they mention it, and they certainly haven't notified me of this as a customer.

Isn't it at the very least a little dodgy to carry on trading with the same website, advertising the same warranty, and not mention to long-term customers that "by the way, none of your past warranties are valid"? I return there because of the way they treated me well in the past...

PSA I guess rather than a request for advice. It's not like £20 of bulbs is a big deal except on principle.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I have bought a lot of bulbs from these guys and others here too, I think? I had some units fail that I bought about a year ago and placed a refund request. 10 days later I get this reply:

I have been chasing them over this for most of the 10 days and this is the first time they mention it, and they certainly haven't notified me of this as a customer.

Isn't it at the very least a little dodgy to carry on trading with the same website, advertising the same warranty, and not mention to long-term customers that "by the way, none of your past warranties are valid"? I return there because of the way they treated me well in the past...

PSA I guess rather than a request for advice. It's not like £20 of bulbs is a big deal except on principle.
    #prayfordoogie

Comment

What's this "electric" light thingymabe. Can't you use candles to illuminate your room, like everyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        #prayfordoogie
        I'm so sorry for warning people.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
          What's this "electric" light thingymabe. Can't you use candles to illuminate your room, like everyone else?
          Straight people are allowed to use electricity.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Straight people are allowed to use electricity.....
            Sometimes they use electricity to (try to) make people straight

Comment

Sounds kinky

Comment

Is that what NLyUK told you?

Comment

Thanks - that would explain why, when I went onto their site a few weeks ago it had only a very few products.

Now where do we go to get low-cost lights?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Rule 3. Never apologise!

Comment

Working...
                    X