• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Financial Ombudsman Service

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Financial Ombudsman Service

Anyone looked through the reviews of the Financial Ombudsman Service over at trustpilot? the evidence for poor service seems to be overwhelming. How do they get away with it?

Financial Ombudsman Service Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

They don't. The Financial Ombudsman Service is a fantastic service, and is a free, impartial adjudicator that we are lucky to have.

Their reviews will inevitably be skewed as only those receiving judgements against them will likely leave a review.

I've had a complaint with the FOS for more than a year - whilst I'm frustrated by their slow progress, their attention to detail has been good, and I'm bloody grateful they're there (concerns >£5k, ****ing Cashplus )

Comment

Originally posted by fiisch View Post
      They don't. The Financial Ombudsman Service is a fantastic service, and is a free, impartial adjudicator that we are lucky to have.

Their reviews will inevitably be skewed as only those receiving judgements against them will likely leave a review.

I've had a complaint with the FOS for more than a year - whilst I'm frustrated by their slow progress, their attention to detail has been good, and I'm bloody grateful they're there (concerns >£5k, ****ing Cashplus )
      re "reviews will inevitably be skewed" but some of this stuff is way too serious to ignore, and numbers far too high. when even judges are slagging off their work really the answer is there for all to see.

Comment

Originally posted by fiisch View Post

Let’s just say trustpilot gives a sample review. Looking at the proportion of good reviews to bad , it certainly doesn’t look good for them. Why aren’t the good service receivers motivated to write about them on trustpilot?
        Not everyone who’s had a bad experience with them writes on trustpilot too. I had a complaint with them and received less than adequate service. I didn’t complain but would I ever use them again? No! Would I recommend them? No! - I’m sure there are other people like me who aren’t on trustpilot to vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

I had a very nice 23 month contract at FOS, lovely bunch of people.
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
          X