• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour tax manifesto

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    So why was I paying between 12 and 25% for around three years, going up every month? IT dropped back to around 12 % in the early 80s and stayed there for quite a while. And the interest rates quoted were bank base rates, not what made it on to the high street. You really have no idea, do you...
    You was clearly being conned then fella. BoE base rates have never been 25% (see attached), and the rates were at there highest under the Tories.

But hey, why deal with facts when you can peddle fake news

Bank Rate | Bank of England Database
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      You was clearly being conned then fella. BoE base rates have never been 25% (see attached), and the rates were at there highest under the Tories.

But hey, why deal with facts when you can peddle fake news

Bank Rate | Bank of England Database
      Thanks for the link. Look at Nov 79 and it's listed at 17%. Commercial rates are typically 6% or so higher. I assume you know how interest and capital repayments interact in standard mortgage payments.

HTH...
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Ah yes, the Tory government problems were all caused by Labour
        I don't know if you are an idiot or just spend a great deal of time trying to look like an idiot.

"heath was an idiot" "his government reacted badly"

and you have processed that as blaming labour.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Ah yes, the Tory government problems were all caused by Labour
          Boris's whole campaign is, everything we've failed to deliver in the past 3 years have all been Corbyn's fault. And their supporters, like Malvolio et al on here, lap it up.

All Boris can really say is ... we having nothing positive to offer, but at least we're not as bad as Corbyn. Project Fear at its best

Comment

Thanks for the link. Look at Nov 79 and it's listed at 17%. Commercial rates are typically 6% or so higher. I assume you know how interest and capital repayments interact in standard mortgage payments.

HTH...
            You said bank base rates ... i quoted BoE base rates. These were never 25%. Even taking your logic, 17% (for one month, under the Tories) + 6% is still not 25%. You really do need to get yourself a calculator.

And no comment from you that the highest rates are under Tory governments and not Labour?

FFS, I've voted Tory all my life up until recently, and never voted Labour, but even I can see the facts. Take your blinkers off mate and see the truth for what it is.

Comment

Boris's whole campaign is, everything we've failed to deliver in the past 3 years have all been Corbyn's fault. And their supporters, like Malvolio et al on here, lap it up.

All Boris can really say is ... we having nothing positive to offer, but at least we're not as bad as Corbyn. Project Fear at its best
              OK so we understand your position is to argue about trivia
              while ignoring the actual argument that current Labour policy will have a serious damaging effect on the UK, both economically and socially. Its not a hard thing to understand. Usually.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

OK so we understand your position is to argue about trivia
                while ignoring the actual argument that current Labour policy will have a serious damaging effect on the UK, both economically and socially. Its not a hard thing to understand. Usually.
                Project Fear fella. You don't know what will happen under a Labour led government until it happens (isn't that the argument you give for Brexit ... we won't know how bad it is until it happens?).

Labour are NOT going to get a majority. If the get into No. 10 it will be because they are being propped up by other parties, parties who will control the extremes of Labour policy. Not dissimilar to how the Tories were controlled between 2010 to 2015 by the Lib Dems, and then once Tories got their own majority look at the mess they made.

Like I say fella, take the blue tinted blinkers off and stop listening to the right winning press Project Fear lies.

Comment

Sorry, fella, you have not made your case. Best to leave it there.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Project Fear fella. You don't know what will happen under a Labour led government until it happens (isn't that the argument you give for Brexit ... we won't know how bad it is until it happens?).

Labour are NOT going to get a majority. If the get into No. 10 it will be because they are being propped up by other parties, parties who will control the extremes of Labour policy. Not dissimilar to how the Tories were controlled between 2010 to 2015 by the Lib Dems, and then once Tories got their own majority look at the mess they made.

Like I say fella, take the blue tinted blinkers off and stop listening to the right winning press Project Fear lies.
                    It's not exactly a great pitch. "you dont know what will happen"

Anyway, Boris will get 360-380 seats

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                      There is a massive pay disparity in this country.

Some of the people on this site could certainly pay a bit more back in.
                      This...

I would welcome corp tax going back up to 26%

Comment

Working...
                      X