• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour tax manifesto

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    You mean, like the postal vote in Peterborough? It's odd and I can see it being repeated.
    Nice dog whistle.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
      Only to 26%? I admire your optimism.

On the plus side. Everything will be free and it will be "fair".
      To be fair, if profits are less than 300k it only goes up to 21%

Effectively bringing in tax bands for Corp tax again rather than one rate for all.

Comment

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
        To be fair, if profits are less than 300k it only goes up to 21%

Effectively bringing in tax bands for Corp tax again rather than one rate for all.
        And to be fair, companies faced with a major hike in CT will either move their profits to somewhere more sensible or simply pass the extra costs on to their clients. Neither of which will achieve the intended purpose of the rate rise.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          And to be fair, companies faced with a major hike in CT will either move their profits to somewhere more sensible or simply pass the extra costs on to their clients. Neither of which will achieve the intended purpose of the rate rise.
          Yeah, that might happen. Then again our CT rate is already higher than Ireland and not everyone is jumping ship.

I was of course originally talking about how CT rate increases would affect us as contractors.

Comment

Yeah, that might happen. Then again our CT rate is already higher than Ireland and not everyone is jumping ship.

I was of course originally talking about how CT rate increases would affect us as contractors.
            Post IR35, CT is the least of our worries...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Yeah, that might happen. Then again our CT rate is already higher than Ireland and not everyone is jumping ship. I was of course originally talking about how CT rate increases would affect us as contractors.
              In the UK only small/medium companies pay full CT, it's optional for the big multinationals, who'll have subsidiaries in Ireland (or Luxembourg) through which they'll bill.

Comment

Working...
              X