Labour tax manifesto Labour tax manifesto - Page 2
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 156
  1. #11

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is always on top

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    55,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ContractorOnAMotorbike View Post
    So increased taxes all round + ir35. Outstanding!! If taxes are put up to such an extent that day to day life becomes difficult then I will put my house up for rent and emigrate to some other country. I cannot vote for Labour nor can I vote for the lying moron Johnson.
    They'll have rent controls too

  2. #12

    Super poster

    fullyautomatix is NOT a disguised employee

    fullyautomatix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gaul
    Posts
    4,662

    Default

    It's an outstanding manifesto. One that is different, revolutionary and evolutionary at the same time. It will have immense affect on the lives of millions for decades. This is transformational stuff. Vote Labour in and see a real difference to your life.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

  3. #13

    Still gathering requirements...

    ContractorOnAMotorbike is too good to be a permie


    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomtomagain View Post
    You missed the bit about rent-capping and giving tenants more rights then?



    Yup, that's a quandary that we face. I might add that Mrs Swinson doesn't exactly inspire hope either.
    Indeed I did miss the bit about rent caps. I bet Corbyn thinks people like us contractors are evil capitalist scum.

    Read this on the Sky News site...

    "Money would also be raised by "tackling" tax avoidance and evasion, having an efficiency review of tax reliefs and expenditures, reversing inheritance tax cuts, imposing VAT on private school fees, scrapping the Married Persons Allowance and introducing a 200% second home tax."

  4. #14

    More time posting than coding

    Amanensia is a permanent contractor


    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Vote Labour in and see a real difference to your life.
    We agree about one thing at least.

  5. #15

    Contractor Among Contractors

    tomtomagain is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    It's an outstanding manifesto. One that is different, revolutionary and evolutionary at the same time. It will have immense affect on the lives of millions for decades. This is transformational stuff. Vote Labour in and see a real difference to your life.
    I certainly would see a real difference ... I'd be substantially poorer.

    and for that reason I'm out.

  6. #16

    Contractor Among Contractors

    tomtomagain is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ContractorOnAMotorbike View Post
    I bet Corbyn thinks people like us contractors are evil capitalist scum.
    Now you are catching on!

    If you would just work in a good-old-fashioned state enterprise, pay your union subs then Corbyn and you would get along just fine.

    Want anything else out of life? Well tough, you are just selfish and deserve to be punished.

  7. #17

    Double Godlike!

    original PM is a fount of knowledge

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    There is a massive pay disparity in this country.

    Some of the people on this site could certainly pay a bit more back in.
    Between me and the missus we earn about £110,000 per year.

    We earn that much because since we both left University (paid for by loans and small grants) about 25 years ago neither of us has had more than about a week where we were not in gainful employment.

    We have also managed to bring up two kids, keep paying the mortgage and not get into debt.

    At times to do this we have had to go without luxuries etc.

    Why would I want to even consider voting in someone who felt I owed something more to lazy feckless tw@s who feel they should get stuff for free?

    And we are probably not anywhere near the 'bottom' of what these socialist pariahs think is a 'too high' income and needs to be taxed more.

  8. #18

    Contractor Among Contractors

    tomtomagain is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Why would I want to even consider voting in someone who felt I owed something more to lazy feckless tw@s who feel they should get stuff for free?
    You wouldn't. But then you are not his target audience.

    You're his cash-cow.

  9. #19

    Super poster

    Whorty - scorchio!

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    4,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Between me and the missus we earn about £110,000 per year.

    We earn that much because since we both left University (paid for by loans and small grants) about 25 years ago neither of us has had more than about a week where we were not in gainful employment.

    We have also managed to bring up two kids, keep paying the mortgage and not get into debt.

    At times to do this we have had to go without luxuries etc.

    Why would I want to even consider voting in someone who felt I owed something more to lazy feckless tw@s who feel they should get stuff for free?

    And we are probably not anywhere near the 'bottom' of what these socialist pariahs think is a 'too high' income and needs to be taxed more.
    Whilst £110k may not be massive, even averaging £55k for each of you, that's still both of you £25k above the average UK salary. I have mates back home who've never been anywhere near the UK average, let alone £55k, so they'd happily vote in Labour to try and even things out.

    Everyone, whatever they earn, will always think they don't need to pay more taxes. None of us do. However someone in society has to pay and it is only fair that those with more pay more.

    To be fair though, at £55k you're probably going to be OK. Don't forget, we're talking MPs here .. so long as you earn less than the basic MP salary you'll be safe. Even MPs won't want to tax themselves any more dosh
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

  10. #20

    Ducklike

    Platypus is NOT a disguised employee

    Platypus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the pub
    Posts
    9,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomtomagain View Post
    You wouldn't. But then you are not his target audience.

    You're his cash-cow.
    Superbly well put and succinct.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •