• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour tax manifesto

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurrah. 1 million new jobs building wind turbines and electric cars.

1.33 million unemployed. Our transport and energy needs might soon be reliant on the spuds that tried to buzz the wood glue in craft and design class.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      It will level the playing field. No more haves and have nots. Everyone will be equal Komrade.

Equally poor.
      Equally hungry.
      Equally jobless.
      Equally homeless.

Equally ****ed.
      a Communist is someone who has nothing and wants to share it with everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
        You missed the bit about rent-capping and giving tenants more rights then?

Yup, that's a quandary that we face. I might add that Mrs Swinson doesn't exactly inspire hope either.
        Did they include that zany idea of changing council tax to be based on the area of land your house sits on? This apparently would double your council tax on average.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
          Did they include that zany idea of changing council tax to be based on the area of land your house sits on? This apparently would double your council tax on average.
          Phew, glad we sold off 1.6 acres to a neighbour in the summer
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Tories, labour, lib dems....nothing is going to change for us, average Joe's. We're still going to wake up, go to work, eat our tulipty meal, and go to bed.

Until we die, before our time and full of regrets. This will happen regardless of who's in power and how much tax we pay.

So maybe once in our life we could stop behaving like the sour, selfish and greedy bitches that we are. Maybe we should vote thinking about the future of the country and how we want to leave it to our children and grandchildren.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
              Tories, labour, lib dems....nothing is going to change for us, average Joe's. We're still going to wake up, go to work, eat our tulipty meal, and go to bed.

Until we die, before our time and full of regrets. This will happen regardless of who's in power and how much tax we pay.

So maybe once in our life we could stop behaving like the sour, selfish and greedy bitches that we are. Maybe we should vote thinking about the future of the country and how we want to leave it to our children and grandchildren.
              Earnings-wise, the vast majority of people on this site will be in the top 10% in the entire country. That’s not “average Joes”.

But I agree with the rest of your sentiment.

Comment

It is Westminster that contains the "sour, selfish and greedy bitches".

Comment

Or you could learn to cook.

Bollocks to that.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Your life might be tulipe mate, I quite like mine.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Tories, labour, lib dems....nothing is going to change for us, average Joe's
                      agreed, we we still have to combat HMG bureaucracy etc. especially HMRC and in my case the C, which I'm constantly fighting.

Maybe we should vote thinking about the future of the country and how we want to leave it to our children and grandchildren.
                      the problem with that is neither Labour nor Conservative governments want to engage in long term "improvement" plans, because they fear that the other party will be in power when such improvements mature. Clearly there will be some exceptions. Tony Bliar never revoked any of Maggie's anti union laws and he also ditched the party's nationalisation dogma. I wonder if these were instrumental in his landslide victory? A lesson for Komrade Korbyn perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                      X