Labour tax manifesto Labour tax manifesto - Page 4
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Posts 31 to 40 of 156

More fingers than teeth

minestrone is NOT a disguised employee

Hurrah. 1 million new jobs building wind turbines and electric cars.

1.33 million unemployed. Our transport and energy needs might soon be reliant on the spuds that tried to buzz the wood glue in craft and design class.

Contractor Among Contractors

JohntheBike is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    It will level the playing field. No more haves and have nots. Everyone will be equal Komrade.

Equally poor.
    Equally hungry.
    Equally jobless.
    Equally homeless.

Equally ****ed.
    a Communist is someone who has nothing and wants to share it with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtomagain View Post
    You missed the bit about rent-capping and giving tenants more rights then?

Yup, that's a quandary that we face. I might add that Mrs Swinson doesn't exactly inspire hope either.
    Did they include that zany idea of changing council tax to be based on the area of land your house sits on? This apparently would double your council tax on average.

Super poster

Whorty - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by JohntheBike View Post
    Did they include that zany idea of changing council tax to be based on the area of land your house sits on? This apparently would double your council tax on average.
    Phew, glad we sold off 1.6 acres to a neighbour in the summer
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

More time posting than coding

PCTNN has more data than eek

Tories, labour, lib dems....nothing is going to change for us, average Joe's. We're still going to wake up, go to work, eat our tulipty meal, and go to bed.

Until we die, before our time and full of regrets. This will happen regardless of who's in power and how much tax we pay.

So maybe once in our life we could stop behaving like the sour, selfish and greedy bitches that we are. Maybe we should vote thinking about the future of the country and how we want to leave it to our children and grandchildren.

Super poster

meridian - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by PCTNN View Post
    Tories, labour, lib dems....nothing is going to change for us, average Joe's. We're still going to wake up, go to work, eat our tulipty meal, and go to bed.

Until we die, before our time and full of regrets. This will happen regardless of who's in power and how much tax we pay.

So maybe once in our life we could stop behaving like the sour, selfish and greedy bitches that we are. Maybe we should vote thinking about the future of the country and how we want to leave it to our children and grandchildren.
    Earnings-wise, the vast majority of people on this site will be in the top 10% in the entire country. That’s not “average Joes”.

But I agree with the rest of your sentiment.

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

It is Westminster that contains the "sour, selfish and greedy bitches".

Godlike

Mordac is a fount of knowledge

Or you could learn to cook.

Bollocks to that.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Super poster

Zigenare is a fount of knowledge

Your life might be tulipe mate, I quite like mine.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Tories, labour, lib dems....nothing is going to change for us, average Joe's
    agreed, we we still have to combat HMG bureaucracy etc. especially HMRC and in my case the C, which I'm constantly fighting.

Maybe we should vote thinking about the future of the country and how we want to leave it to our children and grandchildren.
    the problem with that is neither Labour nor Conservative governments want to engage in long term "improvement" plans, because they fear that the other party will be in power when such improvements mature. Clearly there will be some exceptions. Tony Bliar never revoked any of Maggie's anti union laws and he also ditched the party's nationalisation dogma. I wonder if these were instrumental in his landslide victory? A lesson for Komrade Korbyn perhaps?