• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour tax manifesto

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Can you demonstrate the validity of that assertion?
    Not to an idiot, I can't.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      Unfortunately it doesn't mean "break out the nooses" or I'd be agreeing with you OG.
      Nah. That would be a hanged Parliament.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

The slow inexorable rise of Labour, apart from the Brexit capitulation blip is becoming increasingly apparent.

Labour now up to 34% in the latest poll. The manifesto promises are going great guns.

Labour close the gap to 7 points

Be afraid, and hide your wealth.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          The slow inexorable rise of Labour, apart from the Brexit capitulation blip is becoming increasingly apparent.

Labour now up to 34% in the latest poll. The manifesto promises are going great guns.

Labour close the gap to 7 points

Be afraid, and hide your wealth.
          I suggest you look at the trend lines of one of the various Poll of Polls analyses. While Labour is going up, so are the Tories, rather more steeply, and both are doing so at the expense of the minor parties. The gap between the lowest Tory poll and the highest Labour one is still around 7%. More importantly (according to the pollsters, so treat that with a large dose of scepticism) the Tories are above the 43% they need to get a majority.

I still believe we're looking at a small Tory majority at the end of the day, hopefully enough to kill off SNP's fantasies of being the kingmakers. But as we saw last time, nothing is known until the results are known
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Bill Esterson on Twitter: "Correct… "

Labour will not roll out the IR35 changes to the private sector in April 2020 if they are in power.
            Last edited by mudskipper; 26 November 2019, 09:32. Reason: Edited for clarity.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Bill Esterson on Twitter: "Correct… "

Labour will not roll out the IR35 changes to the private sector in April 2020 if they are in power
              A little tweak.

Anyway, with corp tax likely to rocket and dividend 7.5% rate scrapped then does any IR35 suspension matter ?
              Last edited by adubya; 26 November 2019, 09:29.

Comment

Originally posted by adubya View Post
                A little tweak.

Anyway, with corp tax likely to rocket and dividend 7.5% rate scrapped then does any IR35 suspension matter ?
                Yes, in April 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  I suggest you look at the trend lines of one of the various Poll of Polls analyses. While Labour is going up, so are the Tories, rather more steeply, and both are doing so at the expense of the minor parties. The gap between the lowest Tory poll and the highest Labour one is still around 7%. More importantly (according to the pollsters, so treat that with a large dose of scepticism) the Tories are above the 43% they need to get a majority.

I still believe we're looking at a small Tory majority at the end of the day, hopefully enough to kill off SNP's fantasies of being the kingmakers. But as we saw last time, nothing is known until the results are known
                  If you compare the results from the pollsters comparing like with like i.e. the same organisation polling around 2 weeks ago with their results now, most of them say the same thing, Labour are closing the gap. The don't knows are coming off the fence.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    If you compare the results from the pollsters comparing like with like i.e. the same organisation polling around 2 weeks ago with their results now, most of them say the same thing, Labour are closing the gap. The don't knows are coming off the fence.
                    Tories are consistently > 40%. Unless some very odd things happen repeatedly at a local level, they get a majority.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      Tories are consistently > 40%. Unless some very odd things happen repeatedly at a local level, they get a majority.
                      I've resigned myself to waking up on Fri 13th with that.

Such a missed opportunity by Labour not having an electable leader.
                      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                      X