• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour tax manifesto

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour tax manifesto

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Windfall tax on squirrel botherers.

Comment

Is that the sound of pips squeaking?

Comment

There is a massive pay disparity in this country.

Some of the people on this site could certainly pay a bit more back in.
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

For any business owners contemplating voting labour, note:

It is now widely recognised that Entrepreneurs Relief in its current form cannot continue, so we
          will scrap it
          and consult on a better form of support for entrepreneurs which is not largely just a
          handout for a small number of people. 35 Sir Edward Troup, executive chair of HMRC until 2018,
          was reported recently to be calling for its removal36 on the basis of it providing “no incentive for
          real entrepreneurship”

This means
           Capital gains will be taxed at the marginal income tax schedule as described in Section 7.
          Capital gains will still be taxed more lightly, as they are not subject to National Insurance:
          this is especially the case for those with income below the Higher Rate Threshold

In addition to the lighter taxation of capital gains, owners of assets benefit from reduced rates
          of income tax on dividends from those assets: sometimes as low as 7.5%.
          Labour proposes to equalise the tax treatment of income from dividends with other income by
          charging marginal rates equal to those in our income tax policy as well as
          – as with capital gains
          tax – removing the separate allowance subject to a de minimis threshold as with capital gains tax.

from https://labour.org.uk/wp-content/upl...eal-Change.pdf

Comment

It's pretty insane increase in taxation AT THE SAME TIME - corp tax will go back to 26% and dividend tax up to marginal level AND income tax going upto 50% (with tax bands going lower probably as well).

I am pretty sure this will apply to current financial year as well.

Brexit cretins will bring Labour into power, if not this December then in a year when Tory Scum collapses after hard Brexit.

Comment

It's pretty insane increase in taxation AT THE SAME TIME - corp tax will go back to 26% and dividend tax up to marginal level AND income tax going upto 50% (with tax bands going lower probably as well).

I am pretty sure this will apply to current financial year as well.

Brexit cretins will bring Labour into power, if not this December then in a year when Tory Scum collapses after hard Brexit.
              So increased taxes all round + ir35. Outstanding!! If taxes are put up to such an extent that day to day life becomes difficult then I will put my house up for rent and emigrate to some other country.

I cannot vote for Labour nor can I vote for the lying moron Johnson.

Comment

corp tax will go back to 26%
                Only to 26%? I admire your optimism.

On the plus side. Everything will be free and it will be "fair".

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                  There is a massive pay disparity in this country.

Some of the people on this site could certainly pay a bit more back in.
                  Why?
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorOnAMotorbike View Post
                    then I will put my house up for rent and emigrate to some other country.
                    You missed the bit about rent-capping and giving tenants more rights then?

I cannot vote for Labour nor can I vote for the lying moron Johnson.
                    Yup, that's a quandary that we face. I might add that Mrs Swinson doesn't exactly inspire hope either.

Comment

Working...
                    X