• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are IPSE rebranding (again)?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Law only applies to little people, not IPSE

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Well They'd better sort out that website cos it's illegal at the moment,
    I had a go at IPSE for selling financial products outside their FCA remit. They simply banned me.

Bunch of thugs.
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

I thought they'd already rebranded as 'ITISON' or 'Wowcher' or some tulipe like that.
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        Yet there was a question on here very recently about maternity pay, and rural broadband is pretty damned serious if you live in some of the nicer parts of the country and trying to earn a living and are faced with speeds barely better than 3G. In our village of some 12,000 people I get 28Mbs on a FTTC link, which is bad enough, but three miles away it's usually less than 2Mbs
        Indeed. Hence the use of the word "most".

Comment

Yet there was a question on here very recently about maternity pay, and rural broadband is pretty damned serious if you live in some of the nicer parts of the country and trying to earn a living and are faced with speeds barely better than 3G. In our village of some 12,000 people I get 28Mbs on a FTTC link, which is bad enough, but three miles away it's usually less than 2Mbs
          If you want better broadband in your area, perhaps you should all club together and pay for it.

It’s not exactly free to provide, why should the rest of us pay for your choice of lifestyle. Amirite?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Well They'd better sort out that website cos it's illegal at the moment, particularly when this is in the T&C's....
            IPSE couldn't care less about their traditional Members. They are generally apathetic and non-participatory, only concerned about the IR35 and other Insurances, offered under the IPSE banner.

If the executive want to make wholesale changes, then they have the tools at their disposal to push through amendments to the Articles of Association. In this case, the Company that owns Freelance Corner, has adopted the Model Articles of Association provided in terms of the Companies Act.

In my opinion, IPSE has become irrelevant, since they abolished the Consultative Council (who asked too many uncomfortable questions about IPSE's policies, strategies and tactical operations).
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
              I had a go at IPSE for selling financial products outside their FCA remit. They simply banned me.

Bunch of thugs.
              they banned me for posting a different angle on the chiefs and indians quip, calling it racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                IPSE couldn't care less about their traditional Members. They are generally apathetic and non-participatory, only concerned about the IR35 and other Insurances, offered under the IPSE banner.

If the executive want to make wholesale changes, then they have the tools at their disposal to push through amendments to the Articles of Association. In this case, the Company that owns Freelance Corner, has adopted the Model Articles of Association provided in terms of the Companies Act.

In my opinion, IPSE has become irrelevant, since they abolished the Consultative Council (who asked too many uncomfortable questions about IPSE's policies, strategies and tactical operations).
                IPSE couldn't care less about their traditional Members
                I claimed this in so many words a long time ago. I guess many of those members will not require IPSE from April 2020.

Comment

I don’t have a village pub or big 6 bedroom rural house (for £300k) I demand these in London if we are all to be equal

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                    they banned me for posting a different angle on the chiefs and indians quip, calling it racist.
                    Well, when you're referring to people of Indian origin in your quip, it is easy to interpret as racist - indeed it made me squirm (although I did not report it, largely due to apathy)

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                      I guess many of those members will not require IPSE from April 2020.
                      Seems they are just realising: Chris Bryce on Twitter: "I have an overwhelming feeling of generosity today.

Join @teamIPSE using the link below and get 50 quid off Plus membership.

https://t.co/RXOMRWyZEt

NB - doesn't apply to my Rolos!… https://t.co/lGWAP0I0DJ"

Comment

Working...
                      X