• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are IPSE rebranding (again)?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    the mistake I made, because of my English grammar training, was to use the capital letter, rather than lower case. However, I guess it wouldn't have mattered anyway.
    The issue eluding you is that your comment is hierarchical and xenophobic on multiple levels, as it perpetuates the prejudice the visitors by ship had of them having found India. In addition it perpetuates a stereotype of the 'chief' not being Indians themselves; but of course neither were Indian, as it wasn't India.

Interestingly it has been since said that native Americans find the phrase 'Native American' offensive. There's north America, south America and America as a whole. The USA have promulgated the link between USA and American, with the suggestion of native American and cultural American. It is therefore easy to see why 'native American' is not enjoyed as a term by those of direct pre-USA heritage, as arguably cultural Americans are those who were killed and drove out in the rapid drive to inhabit the land by those initial visitors and those brought over to govern and create what is now the US.

As for the rebrand: Chris Bryce should get back to a day job, as any IPSE-based gravy train - any good efforts aside that I'm sure he has helped with or created - is over. Membership is about to plummet and the 'about us' page highlighted by SAPtastic seems to suggest the clutching of straw.
    Last edited by rogerfederer; 22 November 2019, 12:58.

Comment

Working...
    X