• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday 13th

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    As ever my deluded crustacean you are wrong.
    Punk was the 70’s – from 77 to around 79/80
    The 80’s was pure pish musically
    ftfy

Comment

As ever my deluded crustacean you are wrong.
      Punk was the 70’s – from 77 to around 79/80
      The 80’s was pure pish musically
      Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      ftfy
      Really? You think all 80's music is pish? 80's was diverse when it comes to music genre, even someone as grey and dim as you must have liked something ....

New Wave
      New romantics
      Electro
      Indie
      Madchester
      Hair Rock
      Metal
      Thrash Metal
      Goth
      The Macc Lads

to name a few ....
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
        You've been away a while! Nice to see you back.

Comment

Blacks got a sale on then?

'now is the winter of our discount tents'

I used to buy tents when I saw them on sale cheap in charity shops, thinking they wouldn't turn up very often.

But then I read that each year about 100,000 tents are abandoned by people leaving the Glastonbury Festival (*).

So discount tents are probably nothing to get very excited about, unless you insist on a brand new one.

(*) There must be a huge twenty mile wide "tent gyre" swilling around in the Pacific by now.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

But then I read that each year about 100,000 tents are abandoned by people leaving the Glastonbury Festival (*).
            Yeah, that'll be the "Save the Planet" crowd. Not to worry though, they'll just buy new ones before they "Take back the streets" and bring the major cities to a gridlocked standstill in order to "Thunberg" the beejezus out of the rest of us.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I used to buy tents when I saw them on sale cheap in charity shops, thinking they wouldn't turn up very often.

So discount tents are probably nothing to get very excited about, unless you insist on a brand new one.

(*) There must be a huge twenty mile wide "tent gyre" swilling around in the Pacific by now.

not a shakespearian then eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                You've been away a while! Nice to see you back.
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

not a shakespearian then eh?
                  I "got" the reference - I've seen Vincent Price in "Theatre of Blood" I'll have you know!
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I "got" the reference - I've seen Vincent Price in "Theatre of Blood" I'll have you know!

Comment

Working...
                    X