• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are Smart Meters still crap?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I turned down a gig at the 11th hour, to do with some nonsense about smart meters. That was back in 2011/12 when I just about still had a soul.

Nothing further to add

Comment

Apparently as well as all the advantages above, they can catch fire too.

Come home to a real fire, fit a Smart Meter.

Six reasons to say no to a smart meter
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 November 2019, 10:16.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
        Just there so they can introduce variable price. I.e. more expensive at peak times.

I’ll refuse until they (inevitably) make it compulsory.
        Agreed, and same.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
          Just there so they can introduce variable price. I.e. more expensive at peak times.

I’ll refuse until they (inevitably) make it compulsory.
          and cut you off at the drop of a hat if you don't pay your eleccy bill within a week or so of receiving it
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            This is a 10 billion quid project and nobody sat down at the start and tried to work out a future proof messaging protocol between the console and meter. Honest to f...
            Crazy doing something that stupid without thinking it through properly.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Crazy doing something that stupid without thinking it through properly.
              Making you a moderator.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                Making you a moderator.
                He told admin if he was not made moderator he would sing.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  He told admin if he was not made moderator he would sing.

its that easy? My rendition of amazing grace would make everyone cry! Yeehah I'm a mod!!!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    its that easy? My rendition of amazing grace would make everyone cry! Yeehah I'm a mod!!!
                    You haven't made Mod, I'm afraid, but we've found you a place on the next series of X-Factor...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I believe that if you have a SM, and you change suppliers they stop working, so you are back to sending in your own meter readings.

Notice the adverts around these, very subtle language about being "Green" if you get one.

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X