• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Man Flu!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"So are vaccines safe?" or "I read something in the Express last week about vaccines"

I can't help myself.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      "So are vaccines safe?" or "I read something in the Express last week about vaccines"

I can't help myself.
      I'm just curious because my lad had his nasal spray around this time last year, lo and behold wife and I both had tulipty colds for about a week later. The same has happened this year!

He's just a bloody biohazard!
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        I'm just curious because my lad had his nasal spray around this time last year, lo and behold wife and I both had tulipty colds for about a week later. The same has happened this year!

He's just a bloody biohazard!
        Show me a child that is not.....

Comment

Sorry, that was just my wind up lines to "health care professionals".

Believe me there is no conversation with anyone in the NHS that cannot be spiced up with "a friend on facebook sent me a link to a Lancet article"

Comment

Ok, following on from the "Weekend Thread" it looks like my weekend has been well and truly f*cked up!

Little boy had his Flu Nasal Spray a week ago, since then he's been off school ill this week, the wife has caught the dreaded lurghty and as of yesterday so have I!

Has anybody else on here caught the lurghy shortly after their kids have had the flu nasal spray?

Yes chaps, I know this isn't Mumsnet...
            this particular outbreak seems to be pretty virulent. Almost everyone in my family has suffered, but I don't link it to the flu jabs. My baby grand daughter has been in hospital and one little grand daughter has been given a pump. No medication can be given as the outbreak is "viral" and so antibiotics won't help. So I guess the flu jabs would also have had no effect on the virus.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
              this particular outbreak seems to be pretty virulent. Almost everyone in my family has suffered, but I don't link it to the flu jabs. My baby grand daughter has been in hospital and one little grand daughter has been given a pump. No medication can be given as the outbreak is "viral" and so antibiotics won't help. So I guess the flu jabs would also have had no effect on the virus.
              Hi JtB, just so that we're on the same page - although at times I doubt you're in the same bloody reading establishment, never mind same book - we're discussing the Nasal Spray, not the jab.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Hi JtB, just so that we're on the same page - although at times I doubt you're in the same bloody reading establishment, never mind same book - we're discussing the Nasal Spray, not the jab.
                we're discussing the Nasal Spray, not the jab

it's the same vaccine isn't it? It's just applied this way to avoid giving children the jab, just as the sugar borne polio vaccine was used.

Anyway, members of my family had the virus before any of the children had the spray.

Comment

it's the same vaccine isn't it? It's just applied this way to avoid giving children the jab, just as the sugar borne polio vaccine was used.

Anyway, members of my family had the virus before any of the children had the spray.
                  You don't really do any research, do you? You just bumble along making assumptions.

No wonder doddering old bastards are often referred to as being doddering old clueless bastards.

Comment

You don't really do any research, do you? You just bumble along making assumptions.

No wonder doddering old bastards are often referred to as being doddering old clueless bastards.
                    so is the nasal spray a vaccine for polio then?

"The children's flu vaccine is offered as a yearly nasal spray to young children to help protect them against flu. Flu can be a very unpleasant illness for children, with potentially serious complications, including bronchitis and pneumonia"

Children's flu vaccine overview - NHS

so are you a doddering old clueless bastard then?

Comment

so is the nasal spray a vaccine for polio then?

"The children's flu vaccine is offered as a yearly nasal spray to young children to help protect them against flu. Flu can be a very unpleasant illness for children, with potentially serious complications, including bronchitis and pneumonia"

Children's flu vaccine overview - NHS

so are you a doddering old clueless bastard then?
                      Oh dear, John, John, John, there is a very major difference between the two. See if you can find out what it is, and we're not talking about the method of delivery.

Comment

Working...
                      X