Man Flu! Man Flu! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Man Flu!

More time posting than coding

rogerfederer has more data than eek

A friend who is a GP part-time and works in research as his main medical hobby said to me:

"the gullible fools that buy this vicks stuff would be better using the same delivery method to spray a sea salt and water mixture up their nose a few times every day as it will do the same thing for a fraction of a penny."

Saves using one of those ridiculous neti pots.

More time posting than coding

rogerfederer has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by JohntheBike View Post
    there might be technical medical differences between the two, perhaps dictated by the different method of delivery, but they are both designed to combat the same threat. However, I really don't care about the semantics. All I know is my baby grand daughter couldn't be treated as the ailment is a virus and we were all quite worried about her condition
    It depends on severity of the condition, but anti-viral medications are available in severe cases and are shown to reduce severity and duration of a viral illness, whilst preventing other opportunistic illnesses taking over.

Banned

Zigenare is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by rogerfederer View Post
    It depends on severity of the condition, but anti-viral medications are available in severe cases and are shown to reduce severity and duration of a viral illness, whilst preventing other opportunistic illnesses taking over.
    I was thinking of a more fundamental difference, one contains live virus, the other doesn't.

Banned

JohntheBike is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by rogerfederer View Post
    anti-viral medications are available
    so, what the medics are telling us then, i.e. that viruses can't be treated, isn't correct?

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

so, what the medics are telling us then, i.e. that viruses can't be treated, isn't correct?
    The medics aren't telling you viruses can't be treated. Antivirals are good for treating certain viruses.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Banned

Zigenare is a fount of knowledge

I think John is suffering from a shortage of lead.