• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Man Flu!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend who is a GP part-time and works in research as his main medical hobby said to me:

"the gullible fools that buy this vicks stuff would be better using the same delivery method to spray a sea salt and water mixture up their nose a few times every day as it will do the same thing for a fraction of a penny."

Saves using one of those ridiculous neti pots.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
      there might be technical medical differences between the two, perhaps dictated by the different method of delivery, but they are both designed to combat the same threat. However, I really don't care about the semantics. All I know is my baby grand daughter couldn't be treated as the ailment is a virus and we were all quite worried about her condition
      It depends on severity of the condition, but anti-viral medications are available in severe cases and are shown to reduce severity and duration of a viral illness, whilst preventing other opportunistic illnesses taking over.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
        It depends on severity of the condition, but anti-viral medications are available in severe cases and are shown to reduce severity and duration of a viral illness, whilst preventing other opportunistic illnesses taking over.
        I was thinking of a more fundamental difference, one contains live virus, the other doesn't.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
          anti-viral medications are available
          so, what the medics are telling us then, i.e. that viruses can't be treated, isn't correct?

Comment

so, what the medics are telling us then, i.e. that viruses can't be treated, isn't correct?
            The medics aren't telling you viruses can't be treated. Antivirals are good for treating certain viruses.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I think John is suffering from a shortage of lead.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
              X