• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Man Flu!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man Flu!

Ok, following on from the "Weekend Thread" it looks like my weekend has been well and truly f*cked up!

Little boy had his Flu Nasal Spray a week ago, since then he's been off school ill this week, the wife has caught the dreaded lurghty and as of yesterday so have I!

Has anybody else on here caught the lurghy shortly after their kids have had the flu nasal spray?

Yes chaps, I know this isn't Mumsnet...
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

As soon as I feel ill I use first defence. The whole family does. I have got many in the office on it and instances of people going ill has decreased dramaticaly.

You just have to use it early enough.

Get well soon!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      As soon as I feel ill I use first defence. The whole family does. I have got many in the office on it and instances of people going ill has decreased dramaticaly.

Get well soon!
      WTF is "first defence" - I'm too poorly to do my own research!

Update: this chap isn't too impressed - I think I've found sasguru... Clinically proven | The Stats Guy
      Last edited by Zigenare; 23 November 2019, 06:54.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Nor was the ASA, concluding,

Therefore, although the product could possibly reduce the duration and symptoms of acute upper respiratory tract infections in some patients under certain circumstances, we considered that the clinical studies were not sufficiently robust to show that Boots' “COLD & FLU DEFENCE Nasal Spray” had been “clinically proven” to treat and prevent the symptoms of a common cold and influenza types A & B, and concluded that the ad was misleading.
        For £5, might be worth it though. Personally, I prefer to treat with whisky. If it doesn't work, at least I feel better while taking it.

Anyway, rolling this one out again.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Boots is not as good as Vicks.

Vicks First Defence Nasal Spray | VICKS

It is more expensive - for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Get well soon!
            Yup 1st defence is my go to guy

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              Yup 1st defence is my go to guy

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
              Lemsip with Bourbon ftw.

Doesn't get rid of your flu but stops you from caring!

Comment

75 kids off school yesterday at the heir to the throne's primary.

They don't get the vaccine till next week as it has been delayed due to a supply shortage. I tend to use this formulae when these topics arise...

Scottish Government Education * Scottish Government Health = tulip

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  75 kids off school yesterday at the heir to the throne's primary.

They don't get the vaccine till next week as it has been delayed due to a supply shortage. I tend to use this formulae when these topics arise...

Scottish Government Education * Scottish Government Health = tulip
                  Vaccine or nasal spray?

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    Vaccine or nasal spray?
                    I think they will be getting the nasal,

But has been delayed..

Flu vaccine delay for schoolchildren across Scotland - BBC News

Comment

Working...
                    X