Is Corbyn the reason you won't vote Labour? Is Corbyn the reason you won't vote Labour? - Page 3

View Poll Results: If Corbyn wasn't leader, would you consider voting Labour on 12th Dec?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    18 46.15%
  • Yes

    12 30.77%
  • I will be voting Labour

    5 12.82%
  • You, with your dumb ass polls, are even more of a cretin than AndyW!

    4 10.26%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 56
  1. #21

    Super poster

    meridian - scorchio!

    meridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minestrone View Post
    So, the SSE office I walk past hasn't moved, the company location hasn't moved, the FCA reg hasn't moved.

    But you are sure SSE has moved.
    I am sure that Dim Prawn posted a link to a BBC article that included a quote from an SSE representative that their ownership has moved.

    If you dispute that ownership of the assets has moved offshore, I suggest that you take it up with either one of those three.

  2. #22

    Godlike

    BR14 is always on top

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    8,984

    Default


    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

  3. #23

    More fingers than teeth

    minestrone is NOT a disguised employee

    minestrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    16,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    I am sure that Dim Prawn posted a link to a BBC article that included a quote from an SSE representative that their ownership has moved.

    If you dispute that ownership of the assets has moved offshore, I suggest that you take it up with either one of those three.
    It's a PLC. Are you saying the shareholders have all, like moved?

  4. #24

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    17,053

    Default

    You could always vote 'Conserative'.....

    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  5. #25

    Super poster

    meridian - scorchio!

    meridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minestrone View Post
    It's a PLC. Are you saying the shareholders have all, like moved?
    The SSE is reported as saying it.

    As I said, take it up with either the SSE for saying it, the BBC for reporting it, or DP for posting it.

  6. #26

    Godlike

    Mordac is a fount of knowledge

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    9,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    Does the fact that strategic national infrastructure, a necessary requirement for every home in the U.K., can have it’s ownership so easily transferred offshore not bother you?

    This is the problem.
    It's so that Labour can't just grab it (in exchange for some worthless debt bonds) and leave investors high and dry. The fact that they feel the need to do this, is the problem...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  7. #27

    Super poster

    meridian - scorchio!

    meridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    It's so that Labour can't just grab it (in exchange for some worthless debt bonds) and leave investors high and dry. The fact that they feel the need to do this, is the problem...
    Why? Are Labour going to win the election with a majority?

    If so, then it is the democratically expressed will of the people that strategic assets of the country should be part owned by the people and not private corporations.

    If not, then it really doesn’t matter what the excuse is, the CEO of a private company can make any excuse they like about any national government’s policies and move strategic assets offshore.

    But if the British public are okay with selling their national assets overseas no matter what the reason is, then go for it....

  8. #28

    Super poster

    Zigenare is a fount of knowledge

    Zigenare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    4,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    Why? Are Labour going to win the election with a majority?

    If so, then it is the democratically expressed will of the people that strategic assets of the country should be part owned by the people and not private corporations.

    If not, then it really doesn’t matter what the excuse is, the CEO of a private company can make any excuse they like about any national government’s policies and move strategic assets offshore.

    But if the British public are okay with selling their national assets overseas no matter what the reason is, then go for it....
    All property is theft!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

  9. #29

    Double Godlike!

    original PM is a fount of knowledge

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    Why? Are Labour going to win the election with a majority?

    If so, then it is the democratically expressed will of the people that strategic assets of the country should be part owned by the people and not private corporations.

    If not, then it really doesn’t matter what the excuse is, the CEO of a private company can make any excuse they like about any national government’s policies and move strategic assets offshore.

    But if the British public are okay with selling their national assets overseas no matter what the reason is, then go for it....
    So the main problem here is that it seems the thrust of your argument is that once this goes overseas then suddenly they would stop supplying power to the Uk - but erm that is their business model and one of the reasons they are looking to move offshore is so that if Labour do get in they cannot force nationalisation and trip shareholders off.

    Also it's like only two of the electricity companies who are doing this.

    But here is the main question a lot of people miss - wtf do Labour know about running a power company?

  10. #30

    Super poster

    meridian - scorchio!

    meridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    So the main problem here is that it seems the thrust of your argument is that once this goes overseas then suddenly they would stop supplying power to the Uk - but erm that is their business model and one of the reasons they are looking to move offshore is so that if Labour do get in they cannot force nationalisation and trip shareholders off.

    Also it's like only two of the electricity companies who are doing this.

    But here is the main question a lot of people miss - wtf do Labour know about running a power company?
    Don’t be ridiculous, nobody’s suggesting that power will stop.

    My question is that there are certain things within a country - strategic infrastructure - that the entire country is dependent on; are you happy for that infrastructure to be owned by an overseas holding company?

    If so, and you are happy for that to happen, does it then matter where the overseas holding company is based? (EU, Switzerland, Panama, China, Iran, etc...)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •