IR35 changes cancelled in Tory Manifesto IR35 changes cancelled in Tory Manifesto - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11

    Still gathering requirements...

    Si666 is too good to be a permie


    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Lib dems will tax dividends and capital gains as income - most certainly increase corp tax
    As will Labour. While tories are pushing us inside IR35, which is the biggest hit as far as I can make out.

  2. #12

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is always on top

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    55,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Si666 View Post
    As will Labour. While tories are pushing us inside IR35, which is the biggest hit as far as I can make out.
    Only IF you are inside, which under Liebor you effectively always will be.

  3. #13

    Contractor Among Contractors

    saptastic is NOT a disguised employee

    saptastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sixth Form
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    Isn't it more that it is the employers who are just doing blanket decisions on IR35 that is the main problem at the mo?
    The IR35 rules haven't changed. Just employers cant be bothered to take the risk or indemnify themselves.
    The reforms are a conduit to this but still employers can circumvent this?

  4. #14

    Super poster

    TheCyclingProgrammer is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near London, UK
    Posts
    4,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Lib dems will tax dividends and capital gains as income - most certainly increase corp tax
    What's your source for this? That's Labour's policy.

  5. #15

    More time posting than coding

    KentDogWalker is good enough for Jehovah!


    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    229

    Default

    How does working at an EU company effect ir35? or is it only relevant to uk companies?

  6. #16

    Still gathering requirements...

    Si666 is too good to be a permie


    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KentDogWalker View Post
    How does working at an EU company effect ir35? or is it only relevant to uk companies?
    you are the subject of the tax laws in the country where you live and work. When I was in Germany I paid in to their system, but I was resident there and not flying back on weekends. I think if you yo-yo in and out it becomes complicated as you may be considered as resident in 2 countries.

  7. #17

    More time posting than coding

    Hawkeye is too good to be a permie


    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    366

    Default

    What if you work for an EU company but are based in the UK e.g. home worker. I assume this change would be picked up by the company in Europe and they have to deem you inside or outside?

    Quote Originally Posted by Si666 View Post
    you are the subject of the tax laws in the country where you live and work. When I was in Germany I paid in to their system, but I was resident there and not flying back on weekends. I think if you yo-yo in and out it becomes complicated as you may be considered as resident in 2 countries.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •