• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 changes cancelled in Tory Manifesto

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Lib dems will tax dividends and capital gains as income - most certainly increase corp tax
    As will Labour. While tories are pushing us inside IR35, which is the biggest hit as far as I can make out.

Comment

Originally posted by Si666 View Post
      As will Labour. While tories are pushing us inside IR35, which is the biggest hit as far as I can make out.
      Only IF you are inside, which under Liebor you effectively always will be.

Comment

Isn't it more that it is the employers who are just doing blanket decisions on IR35 that is the main problem at the mo?
        The IR35 rules haven't changed. Just employers cant be bothered to take the risk or indemnify themselves.
        The reforms are a conduit to this but still employers can circumvent this?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Lib dems will tax dividends and capital gains as income - most certainly increase corp tax
          What's your source for this? That's Labour's policy.

Comment

How does working at an EU company effect ir35? or is it only relevant to uk companies?

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
              How does working at an EU company effect ir35? or is it only relevant to uk companies?
              you are the subject of the tax laws in the country where you live and work. When I was in Germany I paid in to their system, but I was resident there and not flying back on weekends. I think if you yo-yo in and out it becomes complicated as you may be considered as resident in 2 countries.

Comment

What if you work for an EU company but are based in the UK e.g. home worker. I assume this change would be picked up by the company in Europe and they have to deem you inside or outside?

Originally posted by Si666 View Post
                you are the subject of the tax laws in the country where you live and work. When I was in Germany I paid in to their system, but I was resident there and not flying back on weekends. I think if you yo-yo in and out it becomes complicated as you may be considered as resident in 2 countries.

Comment

Working...
                X