• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 changes cancelled in Tory Manifesto

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 changes cancelled in Tory Manifesto

Other "guarantees" include tighter immigration controls and not to increase rates of income tax, national insurance and VAT.

Whoohoo as my tax bills would go up within IR35 so I presume IR35 is now cancelled !!!

Champagne anyone ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Other "guarantees" include tighter immigration controls and not to increase rates of income tax, national insurance and VAT.

Whoohoo as my tax bills would go up within IR35 so I presume IR35 is now cancelled !!!

Champagne anyone ?

nah, - goat any rum? mount gay's nice, or some of the jamaican ones

Comment

Unfortunately, neither Labia, or the Clitory party can spell IR35.

They have been reduced to their Lowest Common Denominators. Lying. Crap. Duplicitous.

Spoil your paper.
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Lib Dem I guess, so at least we can have a delay

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

Champagne anyone ?

Sadly HMRC see you as tax avoiding scum so you are explicitly not mentioned in the Tory Manifesto and are the designated money tree in the Labour Manifesto.

Good luck deciding who to vote for - it's definitely the case of picking the least worst option with a chance of winning the seat.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            nah, - goat any rum? mount gay's nice, or some of the jamaican ones
            Pusser's for the win!
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

John Redwood's onboard - shame about the party he's a member of

John Redwood on Twitter: "I want the self employed to flourish. We need to revisit IR35 to make sure it does not hit the genuinely self employed with extra tax and bureaucracy."

Comment

"the genuinely self employed" would be characterised as those contracting directly with the client, having multiple clients, showing financial risk, have a business premises, have a web site, have business cards etc etc. But there are those without those attributes who would be classed as not employed for tax purposes by IR35, because of lack of MOO and SDC.

Comment

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
                  Lib Dem I guess, so at least we can have a delay
                  Election 2019, Your Questions Answered: What's being done for the self-employed? - BBC News

"In their manifesto, the Liberal Democrats have called for a review of recent proposals to change the IR35 rules"

Small hope is better than no hope. She gets my vote

Comment

Lib dems will tax dividends and capital gains as income - most certainly increase corp tax

Comment

Working...
                    X