• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Laptop bag recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptop bag recommendations

Hi all

This question has come up before but not for a few years, so the market may have changed somewhat

My old Wenga backpack is getting a bit scraggy and torn. Its also a bit too big as I bought it when laptops were generally bigger. Its also quite heavy even when its got nothing inside.

So I'm looking for something that'll fit my 14" laptop, is super lightweight, tough wearing and has some water resistance, but dont want to break the bank either.

I usually have backbacks, but I'm open to the messenger style so long as its light enough.

Any good suggestions out there? Brands or models to look out for?

Thanks!

That reminds me, need to bleed the radiators. First time in the new house (been here nearly a year) so exciting times.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
      Hi all

This question has come up before but not for a few years, so the market may have changed somewhat

My old Wenga backpack is getting a bit scraggy and torn. Its also a bit too big as I bought it when laptops were generally bigger. Its also quite heavy even when its got nothing inside.

So I'm looking for something that'll fit my 14" laptop, is super lightweight, tough wearing and has some water resistance, but dont want to break the bank either.

I usually have backbacks, but I'm open to the messenger style so long as its light enough.

Any good suggestions out there? Brands or models to look out for?

Thanks!
      Tumi Alpha Bravo
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Tumi Alpha Bravo
        Thanks, but if I buy that one it'll be too heavy, and I'll be very light in the pocket.

Comment

Thanks, but if I buy that one it'll be too heavy, and I'll be very light in the pocket.
          I know most people on this "contractors" forum are permie losers but seriously why ask for recommendations if you can only afford cheap stuff?
          I would recommend Briggs and Riley backpacks, but if you're a loser use a Tesco carrier bag like Dim does.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Tumi doesn't haveto be expensive. They quite often have money off offers. My partner has a messenger bag and a rucksack of theirs because he likes the various pockets and overall capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              I know most people on this "contractors" forum are permie losers but seriously why ask for recommendations if you can only afford cheap stuff?
              I would recommend Briggs and Riley backpacks, but if you're a loser use a Tesco carrier bag like Dim does.
              I prefer function over style, that's all.
              Plus a lot of what I see nowadays are fancy designer manbags for the modern gentleman.

Comment

I prefer function over style, that's all.
                Plus a lot of what I see nowadays are fancy designer manbags for the modern gentleman.
                Briggs and Riley have a lifetime guarantee. I do a lot of travelling nowadays and I can't use anything of inferior quality.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Briggs and Riley have a lifetime guarantee. I do a lot of travelling nowadays and I can't use anything of inferior quality.
                  a tesco bag is of superior quality to You
                  tosser

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    a tesco bag is of superior quality to You
                    tosser
                    Thanks for your witty and incisive input.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X