• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DLA for son - OK I do feel a bit guilty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would you post any of this? What business is it of ours? Keep your family and children off the forums.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Why would you post any of this? What business is it of ours? Keep your family and children off the forums.
      FFS dont read it then!
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

If only he knew someone who knew all about applying for JSA.....
        Expert mun - when the time is right I'll pass on to him all I know!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Start the kid young living off the government!
          I can assure you both myself and son would do without the money if he didn't have to put up with being ASD....

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            You shouldn't feel guilty about the DLA per se, but rather about spending it all on cider.
            All of it - nah.

Just remember though the JSA is to pay for the Florida holiday.

Comment

Notwithstanding it being a personal matter, it's also good for other contractors to hear that it is possible to claim benefits like this and that your tax dodging scum status doesn't stop it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                Don't tell me - you lot would turn it down?
                Nope. If you're entitled to it, you're entitled to it.

Why would you post any of this?
                He posted it in General so we could abuse him.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Nope. If you're entitled to it, you're entitled to it.

He posted it in General so we could abuse him.
                  Thanks NAT - so same for JSA claims?

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Thanks NAT - so same for JSA claims?
                    No, you workshy bastid!

On a serious note, it's a bloody shame you had to fight so hard for what was rightfully yours!

Mine's a pint of Creme de Menthe!
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I had a benefits type thread put in front of the firing squad last week. General doesn't seem quite the right place but I can't see an obvious home.

I'm pleased for you psychocandy and it sounds like a hard fought battle. To claim DLA or PIP these day you need a lot of solid evidence and usually get interviewed by an assessor after they've reviewed your 25 page application form. In other words you don't get these kind of benefits unless the DWP (or a court) decide you really need them and I wouldn't feel guilty in the slightest

I didn't apply for any disability benefits for 12 years because I didn't think my disability affected my day to day functioning. I changed my mind last year when the DVLA unexpectedly revoked my driving license on health grounds. It caused havoc with work, the school drop and many other things. I think it was right to apply for PIP in those circumstances.

BTW on the subject of what else we can claim. I have someone from the council inspecting my home this week to see if I'm eligible for a council tax reduction. If you think that wouldn't apply to Asperger's then you might be surprised.
                      Last edited by mb31; 26 November 2019, 17:45.

Comment

Working...
                      X