• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DLA for son - OK I do feel a bit guilty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, so back to the original thread....

Anyone else have to take this to tribunal like I did?

Like I said, won the case but not heard a dicky bird from DWP. Would have thought they'd be in touch? (Mind you two years backdated....)
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

If you owed them money they'd be all over you like a cheap suit.

It's scandalous, no wonder HMRC send their staff to the DWP for training. Preying on the vulnerable is good practice.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        OK, so back to the original thread....

Anyone else have to take this to tribunal like I did?

Like I said, won the case but not heard a dicky bird from DWP. Would have thought they'd be in touch? (Mind you two years backdated....)
        Yep BGG had to appeal his assessment - won the appeal
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by mb31 View Post
          If you owed them money they'd be all over you like a cheap suit.

It's scandalous, no wonder HMRC send their staff to the DWP for training. Preying on the vulnerable is good practice.
          Finally have had a letter from them. Basically asking if son has been in hospital at all (I guess they don't pay if you're in hospital?).

Return envelope 2nd class. They're certainly not rushing....

Sure I read somewhere that the tribunal decision is not legally binding though and that they still decide they don't want to pay then the court can't force them...

Comment

I've seen many bipolar folk go to tribunal and the DWP always coughs up eventually.

Btw, I got my disabled persons council tax relief confirmed yesterday and I'm dead chuffed about that. It's not means tested psychocandy.

Comment

Here's another one to look at, a free ticket every time you go to the cinema for PIP/DLA claimants:

Home - CEA Card

Comment

I've seen many bipolar folk go to tribunal and the DWP always coughs up eventually.

Btw, I got my disabled persons council tax relief confirmed yesterday and I'm dead chuffed about that. It's not means tested psychocandy.
                Yeh looked at that. Depends on modifications and stuff to the house though doesnt it? Rather than just getting because of the DLA?

Saying that, we have dedicated our converted garage room for his PC pretty much. Became necessary to keep an eye on him a bit - his bedroom hes punched holes in the walls, cupboard doors etc when hes gone off on one.

Can't you get water rates thing as well? I'll be honest ours is massive. Hes got OCD/cleanliness problems as part. So showers are 45-60 mins (not so good for gas bill too heating it up!), laundry the same (he wont use a towel more than once).

Comment

Here's another one to look at, a free ticket every time you go to the cinema for PIP/DLA claimants:

Home - CEA Card
                  Thanks I'll get one of those. Waiting for the official DLA letter at mo.....

To be honest, he wont go to the cinema on his own like a normal 16 year old would so he comes with us anyway. This is good though.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Yeh looked at that. Depends on modifications and stuff to the house though doesnt it? Rather than just getting because of the DLA?

Saying that, we have dedicated our converted garage room for his PC pretty much. Became necessary to keep an eye on him a bit - his bedroom hes punched holes in the walls, cupboard doors etc when hes gone off on one.
                    Yeah, that's enough.

Comment

Yeah, that's enough.
                      Doesn't have to have special modifications or be dedicated to that use?
                      Theres two desks in there - his and mind. Although I never go in there because the git is always howling with his headphones on playing games (and it does my head in!).

How much is the council tax thing? Is it basically they drop you one band?

Hoping I can backdate all this stuff (DLA is being backdated two years).

Comment

Working...
                      X